Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-06-2017, 05:20 PM   #1
Jailman

Default New to the Game

Hi All, Wife and I just purchased a 2004 Sun Voyager 36 ft. and made a maiden voyage this last weekend. Had fun and learned a lot. Have never owned an RV and will probably be visiting this site often with questions and looking for information on the RV lifestyle. At this point, I need input on the leveling system. I got it somewhat level for our stay and retracted when ready to leave. Question is do you have to have the e-brake on to operate the jacks. I ask this as I found out that it has a slide kill switch in the drivers seat that will not allow you to operate the slides unless you have the seat slid all the way forward. Took me about 20-30 minutes of checking power supplies until I found it in the owners manual in the storage compartment. Who would have thunk it?
Thanks
Jailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 01:39 PM   #2
Frutza

Yup, usually interlocked with the E brake
WELCOME AND ENJOY
Old 09-17-2017, 12:49 PM   #3
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailman View Post
Hi All, Wife and I just purchased a 2004 Sun Voyager 36 ft. and made a maiden voyage this last weekend. Had fun and learned a lot. Have never owned an RV and will probably be visiting this site often with questions and looking for information on the RV lifestyle. At this point, I need input on the leveling system. I got it somewhat level for our stay and retracted when ready to leave. Question is do you have to have the e-brake on to operate the jacks. I ask this as I found out that it has a slide kill switch in the drivers seat that will not allow you to operate the slides unless you have the seat slid all the way forward. Took me about 20-30 minutes of checking power supplies until I found it in the owners manual in the storage compartment. Who would have thunk it?
Thanks
Hello;

I bought a 2005 Sun Voyager about six months ago. I have really learned a lot but there is still something new every time I turn around. The seller told me about the drivers seat switch so that was not a surprise until I got it home and forgot. If the engine is running or the ignition switch is on the rooms won't move either. I don't think the ebrake has anything to do with the jacks but I will check this out in a little while. I have three slides. The front two are hydraulic and the bedroom slide is electric. My jacks work on the same hydraulic system as my rooms. We should probably get together via email so I can answer some of your detailed questions.

Mine is a gas tractor (up front)motor. It has a Workhorse chassis and a 8.1 ltr Chevy V8 and an Allison 6 speed transmission. It is a model 8379MXG.

Send me a PM and I'll give you my private email address. Click on my name to send a private message.

Sudsy
Old 09-20-2017, 04:40 PM   #4
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Yeah, but a WHOLE lot better than "just tore/ tore out the driver's seat w/ the slide out
THenne1713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:09 PM   #5
Jailman

Copy That!
Jailman is offline   Reply With Quote