Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-02-2017, 04:56 PM   #1
wacko442

Default Manuals

Just bought a 2005 Golf Stream Endura 6340. got very little info. materials. I do have a owners manual, but nothing else. Need to know how things work, how to turn things on & off, were things are. Anyone have any info on were I can get these materials, please let me know. Thanks Dave A.
wacko442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:44 AM   #2
Leisure Time Larry

Hi Dave,

Congrats on your new Endura! Unfortunately, they really don't seem to make such a specific manual like we would hope. Hopefully, another Endura owner can steer you in the right direction, but most things will be dealt with pretty generically. Most of the elements of a coach are similar. It's just going to be locating and figuring everything out. That might take some work. I would shoot out a few specific questions at a time.

I really recommend getting intimate with your new coach. Take tons of pictures on your phone or digital camera that you can store for reference. Take all inside pictures. Stickers, switches, layouts, everything. Then go deeper. Inside cabinets, under sofas and chairs and beds. Take out the drawers, look with a flashlight for anything hidden... components, wiring, plumbing, etc. Continue taking pictures. Remove any access panels and document what is behind them again, looking at components, electrical, and wiring. All the while, be looking and note...where is: the freshwater tank, freshwater tank drain valves, low point drain valves, hot water tank and bypass valves, water pump, 120v outlets, 12 volt outlets, the house batteries, battery disconnect switch(s), water pump switch(s), slide switch(s), etc., etc.

Give it a go, and keep asking questions. We'll help as best as we can. Good luck!
Leisure Time Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:11 AM   #3
vansteenburg

Congrats on your new unit.

I've got a Ultra 6331, but really all the units are very similar, just different layouts. Most of the owners manuals, you can get from the mfg of the item in the RV - Onan, Dometic, etc. Just find the model numbers, and do a web search. Those are good reference materials to have, and most of the time all you need is the model number to figure out which manual you need. You can go to Gulfstream and get some basic information (tank size, etc) from the sales brochures. The GS provided owners manual was never well written.

As far as the chassis, get the VIN number and have a Chevy dealer run it to see what year the chassis really is to figure out which owners manual you'll need. It may be older than you think, since RV model years don't match car model years.
vansteenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 08:05 PM   #4
Lltotman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacko442 View Post
Just bought a 2005 Golf Stream Endura 6340. got very little info. materials. I do have a owners manual, but nothing else. Need to know how things work, how to turn things on & off, were things are. Anyone have any info on were I can get these materials, please let me know. Thanks Dave A.
Congrats Dave. I just got your sister unit 05 -6331 in Dec as well. I do have several manuals with mine what one s will you need? I’ll be happy to scan and send. Should be close to the same. Do you have the duramax as well?
Lltotman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 10:24 PM   #5
wacko442

Thanks, Yes it has the Duramax & Allison. Only 4600 miles on it. I've found most of what I've been looking for, just by snooping around. I do have an owners manual, but the one thing I don't have is the New Owners Packet, I think is tells you more about were & how things work. Congrats on you 6331 unit! We live way up in the mts. of Colo. so everywhere we go to race is up over a mt. the Duramax is just the ticket we needed. I traded in a 96 Fleetwood Bounder to get this one, & I got to say I got much more paperwork with that one. Anything you think I might be interested in I'd love to have it. Thanks again!!
Old 12-19-2017, 08:20 AM   #6
Lltotman

Quote:
Thanks, Yes it has the Duramax & Allison. Only 4600 miles on it. I've found most of what I've been looking for, just by snooping around. I do have an owners manual, but the one thing I don't have is the New Owners Packet, I think is tells you more about were & how things work. Congrats on you 6331 unit! We live way up in the mts. of Colo. so everywhere we go to race is up over a mt. the Duramax is just the ticket we needed. I traded in a 96 Fleetwood Bounder to get this one, & I got to say I got much more paperwork with that one. Anything you think I might be interested in I'd love to have it. Thanks again!!
Great, I’ll see what all have and scan them for you. I understand about the mountains. I was working in Kremmlin to Bond last year. I got the Deramax and Allison as well. (56500k). Again congrats
Old 12-19-2017, 05:57 PM   #7
wacko442

WOW! You were really in the mtns. What were you doing in Kremling? Was that Colo.Rd. #1 Kremling to Bond?
Old 12-19-2017, 06:30 PM   #8
Lltotman

Quote:
WOW! You were really in the mtns. What were you doing in Kremling? Was that Colo.Rd. #1 Kremling to Bond?
Yes. I work for Union Pacific and we were up there this summer repairing the tracks between Kremling and Bond. Following the Colorado river all the way. Lots of fun
Old 12-30-2017, 10:13 PM   #9
wacko442

Do you know were the emergence start switch they speak of is at? Thanks