Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-14-2007, 11:15 AM   #1
Beaufort NC

Default Marker and parking lights out

Okay, oh knowledgeable ones, see if you can help us with this one!

Our running lights and tail lights are out... flashers, turn signals and brake lights working fine.

I've walked through fuses, but everything seems to be independent, with no single point feeding everything involved, so I'm at a dead end.

This is a 2006 Crescendo 8356, with another in a long, long string of electrical issues. Workhorse chassis.

BTW, we're at the French Quarter RV Park in New Orleans as we speak. Nice park, really close to everything!

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!
Workhorse chassis
Cummins 330 ISC
Toad: 2015 Jeep GC Summit
Beaufort NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:18 AM   #2
djqualls

sounds like a contact in your headlight switch. I'm assuming that you are testing them by using the headlight switch.

Just a guess but take a test light to the wires on the headlight switch and test and jump for voltage and continuity.

Test a socket for voltage using an alternate source for the ground. The two may share a common ground that is broken as well.

This is where a good tone generator comes in handy for a remote continuity checker.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:53 PM   #3
ginger

Default lights out

had same problem. its a fuse you hav'nt found yet. brake lights and flashers are on different circuit. don't think its headlight switch. my unit has fuses in 3? diff. locations. outside bay, under dash and under bonnet. look under bonnet to right of brake bellcrank in black plastic box. good luck. dave
Old 10-18-2007, 08:51 PM   #4
Curt Krueger

Had the same problem on a Sun Voyager. I didn't find it after hours of searching. Finally I looked at the ground where it connects to the frame in the back of the coach. Mine was like a star washer with a self tapping screw through the frame rail. The frame has been painted and they should have cleaned off some paint where the gound connects, but they didn't and in time some corrosion built up under the screw and no lights.

I'm not saying this is your problem but all these light systems are on their own ground . Hope this helps.

Curt
Old 11-11-2007, 03:13 PM   #5
Beaufort NC

Ginger wins the prize!! There's a new fuse in every corner!
Workhorse chassis
Cummins 330 ISC
Toad: 2015 Jeep GC Summit
Beaufort NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:21 PM   #6
RayChez1

Default Re: Marker and parking lights out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaufort NC
Okay, oh knowledgeable ones, see if you can help us with this one!

Our running lights and tail lights are out... flashers, turn signals and brake lights working fine.

I've walked through fuses, but everything seems to be independent, with no single point feeding everything involved, so I'm at a dead end.

This is a 2006 Crescendo 8356, with another in a long, long string of electrical issues. Workhorse chassis.

BTW, we're at the French Quarter RV Park in New Orleans as we speak. Nice park, really close to everything!

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

On my coach they are in the fuse compartment (left side front) and I had the same problem when I was installing the toad plug on the coach, I shorted it out. Finally I found the fuse in the fuse compartment, but there are two big black boxes with more fuses. It was in one of those black boxes. And it seems like it is always the one that is the hardest to get to. I had to pry some big electrical cables out of the way in order to open the black box. OH WELL! I am a little late with my info, but I am glad Ginger had helped you out already.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 06:09 PM   #7
mhogge

old thread, but desperate, any tell me where the headlight fuse is on a 2004 Sun voyager? PLEASE
mhogge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 07:52 PM   #8
mhogge

finally found the culprit 5 amp fuse in the fuse block next to my left foot as I sit in drivers chair. thanks all
mhogge is offline   Reply With Quote