Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-24-2014, 03:14 PM   #1
thphelps

Default Front skin separating from the side wall

We own a 2011 Visa RGU which we really like. We purchased it used so naturally it had a few things I wanted to repair or improve, except for one thing. At the lower left front corner starting with the diamond tread sheet and continuing up to the fiberglass sheet we have the corner molding and front sheets together pulling away from the side wall corner. It appears that only glue in the groove of this corner molding was used to hold it to the side wall fiberglass sheet. I can't see where the screws underneath the plastic cover of the corner molding actually screw into the side wall or anything sturdy. They just go through the fiberglass and diamond tread material and into a strip of rounded metal and do not go into anything else beyond that to hold the sheet and corner molding to the side sheet. I figured there were loose screws, but no. I called the support line at Gulf Stream and they would not send me a drawing showing what the front sheet screwed to or where the side wall aluminum studs were located, nor would they give any suggestions, just take it to a trailer repair shop. However I can do this, but want to know what I am up against. Now that is NOT good customer service and service to keep a future customer.

Has anyone had this ame problem and what is the fix?
thphelps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:09 PM   #2
joey1127

Default Re: Front skin separating from the side wall

Boy, what a mess this company has become...

I took delivery of a Brand New Ameri-Lite 19KD. The curb-side skin at the front corner was poping out of the track. I took it into the RV Service Center and they found that the track is screwed into wood, but the screws were too short and not tight so the track was not holding the skin allowing it to flop around. If you are under warranty, get that thing into an authorized Gulf Stream service center and let them pay to repair it. I just went through that with mine...it's a nasty job. Under travel conditions, the wind could easily rip the skin off!
joey1127 is offline   Reply With Quote