Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-10-2019, 12:46 PM   #1
Derik AK
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Fairbanks
Posts: 2
Default Leveling Jacks

Just bought a 27' 2001 Gulfstream Ultra Limited Edition. It's our first RV and we're stoked to use it here in our home state of Alaska. I'm having an issue with the leveling jacks. They worked fine in the seller's driveway but when I got it home, I had to manually pull one of them down. I assume these things need to be lubed? Is this something I can do easily at home? And do the jacks come down as a pair or individually? I'm assuming when I drop the rear jacks they BOTH should come down, right?

Any thoughts?
Derik AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 02:59 PM   #2
Romingrob
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 7
Default Leveling jacks

Some times automatic systems need to be
Reset.
When my system fails. I turn it off , then on and press all the buttons at once. To reboot the system.
I hope this helps
Romingrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 05:39 PM   #3
Restorium
Senior Member
 
Restorium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derik AK View Post
Just bought a 27' 2001 Gulfstream Ultra Limited Edition. It's our first RV and we're stoked to use it here in our home state of Alaska. I'm having an issue with the leveling jacks. They worked fine in the seller's driveway but when I got it home, I had to manually pull one of them down. I assume these things need to be lubed? Is this something I can do easily at home? And do the jacks come down as a pair or individually? I'm assuming when I drop the rear jacks they BOTH should come down, right?

Any thoughts?
There are a few different kinds of jacks. Did the original paperwork for them come with the unit?
Restorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 11:58 AM   #4
Derik AK
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Fairbanks
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restorium View Post
There are a few different kinds of jacks. Did the original paperwork for them come with the unit?
No....didn't get a manual with the vehicle. The jacks worked perfectly out at the site but then refuse to operate without assistance in my driveway.
Derik AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 05:40 PM   #5
Restorium
Senior Member
 
Restorium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derik AK View Post
No....didn't get a manual with the vehicle. The jacks worked perfectly out at the site but then refuse to operate without assistance in my driveway.
Not sure what you have on there.
No way you can pull down the Bigfoot levelers on my 99.
I had some with springs that flipped down and then extended on my CruiseMaster. Is that the kind you have?
Restorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 11:31 AM   #6
[email protected]
New Member
 
kenjohnston83@gmail.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Victoria
Posts: 19
Send a message via AIM to kenjohnston83@gmail.com
Default

Derik, please tell us the name of the manufacturer of the jacks. I have a 2000 Tourmaster equipped with Bigfoot. If you have Bigfoot, I can help you.
kenjohnston83@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
leveling jacks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×