Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-03-2018, 11:04 AM   #1
Johnny Boy

Default Installed residential fridge in the coach

Well the old dometic fridge finally started going out and couldn't keep things cold enough anymore. Wife wanted a residential fridge so let the adventure begin.

Removing the old rv fridge, was not much hassle nor was it very heavy. I soon found out the rv fridge was built on a sub floor inside the kitchen slide. Under the subfloor is where electrical and propane lines, sink drain etc were all ran.So I had to reroute all the electrical wirs, ran all new water line tubing and installed a new more flexible sink drain line. I also installed a water filter inline for the fridge ice maker (we go through a lot of ice). While in there i found the vent ducts had fallen off the heater, good idea to check those. repaired heater ducting cleaned up years worth of dust and a few candy wrappers (kids, nuff said).

So after moving everything out of the way it was time to install the new unit. Another problem, new fridge wouldn't fit through the door....well off to the rv shop where they removed a window and used a forklft to get it into the rv. Problem Sovled ! I installed a 4/3 sheet cut to fit the space as the fridge was deeper and needed more support to the front. So installed the LG LFC2270ST 22 cu. ft. fridge with french doors stainless steel model. I removed the bottom trim and top trim peices to make room. I then used a piece of angle iron on the bottom and screwed and glued it to the 3/4 ply after removing the fridge's wheels and then screwed to the bottom of the fridge. It was a tight fit but it fit.

All in all a worth while effort. food is now at kept at 37 degrees,freezer is huge with built in icemaker (great for boondocking). Still need to finish the trim around the edges but the hard parts are done. It runs fine off the invertor when we don't have hookups and with the autogen start never have to worry about battery charge levels.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1265.jpg (223.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1257.jpg (271.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1297.jpg (131.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1324.jpg (151.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1326.jpg (152.3 KB, 8 views)
Johnny Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 05:53 AM   #2
Big Shasta

Looks awesome, Great job. Which coach do you have?
Old 11-04-2018, 10:58 AM   #3
Johnny Boy

2007 Crescendo 8386
Johnny Boy is offline   Reply With Quote