Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #1
38Chevy454

Default Hi from new Supernova 6331 owner

I lurked around here to get information for a while, and made the decision to purchase my 6331 model Supernova. So decided to register and get involved. Will have several questions on my Supernova and hopefully can contribute to others as well. Seems like the place here for getting the exact information on these Gulfstream motorhomes. Look forward to hanging around.

About me: Name is Terry, 49 years old, married 20 years, engineer work for Air Force at Kirtland AFB, live in mountains east of Albuquerque, NM. Have a bunch of old cars, if i am not working at work, or on something around the house, I am in the garage working on my old cars. Decision to get a motorhome capable of towing car trailer without worry for overloading is what led me to the C class of motorhome. I looked at some bigger chassis motorhomes, like Renegade conversion for Freightliner chassis as example, but decided they were just a bit overkill for what I needed. Also looked into GM Topkick or Ford F-650/750 chassis, but found this one I bought on its International chassis.

Here is my 49 Ford COE, the one that most people know me by, very modified from stock:

My 37 Chevy Ute, all orig for now, but planned for hot rodding it. It is form Australia, this model never made here in USA:

My 37 Ford Ute, already hot rod and also is from Australia:

A 52 GMC pickup in progress, building for my wife. Has Jaguar front and rear suspension, 350 Chevy engine:

My 38 Chevy, that is my namesake as used on numerous forums and message boards:

Finally my 68 GTO that I have had since 16, all stock original:

I have other old car projects and some newer vehicles too, but these are the most interesting.

I bought my Supernova in TN, drove it back here without any troubles. Made the 1000 miles in 1.5 days. Just takes a lot of fuel..........

I changed the engine and generator oil and filters out today, also checked all the other fluids and tire air pressures. Getting ready to head out to Bonneville for Speedweek in less than one week. I go every year, in past have typically drove one of my old cars and stayed in hotels at the drastically inflated prices in Wendover, or as we call it Bendover I have several friends that race and I have a 55 Studebaker that I plan to build for racing myself, but right now it looks more like a reugee from the junkyard than a racecar.

So with that, glad to be a part of the board here and possibly meeting some folks around. Terry

2008 Supernova 6331
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:43 PM   #2
38Chevy454

Default Re: Hi from new Supernova 6331 owner

I guess it cuts off pics wider than some allowable amount? just click on the picture and it will show full view.

2008 Supernova 6331
Old 08-05-2013, 10:44 PM   #3
steve.k

Wowsers you like to keep busy!! Nice stuff for sure! Steve
steve.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #4
LabCab

Welcome! You sure have some NICE Toys! Contrary to all the moans and groans here, the Super Nova is a great rig. You'll enjoy it. Not everyone has had the problems noted here. Just like anything else, it's the luck of the draw. Like the NaviStar Rep told me "Drive like ya stole it". It can take it. However, I take it slow and the mileage shows. Good Luck.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #5
38Chevy454

Thanks to all for the welcome. I do realize that there are some problems with the Gulfstream co products. I also know that all RV mfrs seem to have problems, unfortunately Gulfstream is not unique. None of them are made to the same quality and stds as a mass production car for example. Since i am fairly good at fixing things myself, I can take the risk. Going on first big trip here with the new Supernova and will get a better chance to check it out. I also need to get some pics of it! Will post some when I get that done.

2008 Supernova 6331
Old 07-14-2014, 10:37 PM   #6
rld63

Terry,
I see you are in the Albuquerque area. I am new to the GS forum as well and Li e in Albuquerque. We picked up our SuperNova 6400 about one year ago.
Good to know there are more SN's in the area.
Roy.

2008 SuperNova 6400 Grand Hotel
Pulling a Jeep Unlimited Rubicon
rld63 is offline   Reply With Quote