Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-06-2023, 11:28 PM   #1
Scarey

Default New GS owmer

Hello, we are now the proud new owners of a 2002 golf stream Sun Voyager 8378. We let our 2000 Georgie Boy Cruise Air 35ft unit go.

We take possession of her tomorrow, she is extremely clean, bought from the original owner. Has 37k, 8.1-Allison. Graphics are perfect as is the roof, always stored inside it appears. I do need to know what type of outside mirrors are used as the right hand one glass is broken, and it appears that the hydraulic system has a slight leak for the slides. Any information would be great. Thanks in advance, sincerely Scott.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20230805_132126561_HDR.jpg (356.0 KB, 9 views)
Scarey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 11:55 AM   #2
Bike Dr

Hello looks very nice!
You can have hoses made for the hydraulics and or have the cylinders rebuilt its not a problem. I'm sure you will have lots of enjoyment with your new toy. Take the time to learn and understand your coach inside and out and I promise it will make life much easier if you were to have an issue you will know what to do and where to look. Preventative maintenance is key to having a good trips instead of bad or rough trips... anyway congrats and welcome!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!! LIVING IT!!!

2005 41'4 8410 ATRIUM SE CAT
2017 20' Diamond closed trailer
2014 Streetglide Special
2010 mini cooper
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 02:10 PM   #3
Scarey

Default Thanks

Thank you for the reply! Yes I've been in the automotive industry for over 45 years getting pretty well versed with it. Have a couple of small issues we haven't been able to figure out, but for the most part we've taken it on two trips now and it's been great. One of the issues is while plugged into Shore power, it will not keep the the 12 volt system charged. Of course once you start the coach or you fire up the generator everything gets bright and is charging. So, we added a 10 amp battery charger to the coach batteries and voila, no more problems we plugged it into the 110 coach outlet. I guess it was a workaround. We had a clown RV mechanic mobile Guy come out charge $350.00 couldn't find the issue LOL.
Scarey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2024, 12:27 AM   #4
Bike Dr

And there you have it! Now days it seems most do not want to work and they can not be trusted.
I, like you have worked on automobiles from small to semi trucks and equipment for many years. I am still a mechanical technician for a variety of things. With that it has forced me to have to have a wide variety of tools. I have done all of our maintenance everything over the years. Information is free so if one is willing to learn the possibilities are endless. So enough running my lip. Lol
My coach has a xantrex 458 Freedom 2000 watt inverter that when plugged in will go into bulk charge with in seconds. Then it will modulate down and go into float to maintain them. Mine has the remote operating panel that can be set for the type of batteries being used and can be set to charge at the correct rate based on a few things like the service size being a 50 or 30 amp hookup or even 120v cord. Could your problem be as simple as an incorrect setting. Some have small reset buttons on the unit itself. Make sure one or both isn't tripped or popped out.
I am assuming you have close to the same style setup with your coach within a few years of mine. A few things to check.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!! LIVING IT!!!!

2005 41'4 Atrium SE CAT 8410
2017 20' Diamond closed trailer
2014 Streetglide Special
2010 mini Cooper
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote