Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-25-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
B44D

Default Down in Dallas

While heading down I-20 to the moto-x races, my 2009 SN 6371 lost speed and power (mechanical not electrical). I pulled over and checked everything out, with no obvious issues. Got back on the highway and couldn't get over 45 mph. Had it towed to SW International. Blown turbocharger and injectors...at 5000 miles!!! I asked if this was unusual. They said yes, but not unheard of. Probably from sitting up with old fuel. I bought it new, but it had been sitting about 18 months. Good news it is under warranty...bad news is the parts are on backorder.

I noticed my electrical cooling fans kick on at 210 degrees and off at 190 constantly. Is this normal or was this a result of my pending mechanical failure? (of course it is hotter than hell here!)
The road goes on forever and the party never ends!
B44D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:23 PM   #2
Texas TC

The temperature range sounds about right. That is what mine does also.

Yep, when I lost 4 injectors on my SuperNova back in April, it immediately lost power and we were in the mountains in Arizona. Lucky for us, we were heading south out of Flagstaff toward Phoenix. I am not sure it would have made it up the hills if we were going north. International in Phoenix repaired mine and it was all done under warranty. It took them four days to repair it and get it back to me. Since changing the injectors out, it has never run better. I now use Power Service diesel fuel additive every other fill-up to make sure the injectors stay clean.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:18 PM   #3
kart74

Is this something we should be doing? Which one do you use Texas TC? Diesel Kleen or Diesel supplement with celane? I know that isn't spelled right is it? I hate being unaware of things that we need to do. I know when we had the Endura the fuel filter clogged up on us a couple times, learned maintenance is needed once in awhile I don't know why I didn't think of it with the Supernova. Turbo brain fart I guess.
kart74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:12 PM   #4
Texas TC

I am using "Diesel Kleen with Cetane Boost" and so far it has worked well for me.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote