Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-19-2010, 06:03 AM   #1
tarheel

Default Fillling Fresh Water Tank On Tourmaster

I recently bought my 07 Tourmaster new. It was involved in a large dealership bankrupsy and taken over by a bank. When we left the dealership a couple of months ago, it was filled with fresh water and we stopped for a week in Myrtle Beach before heading home. I then drained the tank as I normally do. We're preparing to leave on a 2-3 month trip, so I went out yesterday to fill the freshwater and for the first time realized that the only way I have of filling is by gravity feed.

The generic book mentions a valve that they say may be located on the other side of the coach that will permit the tank to be filled from the shore hose connection, but I can't find anything. It's hard to imagine that there wouldn't be such a valve on the Tourmaster with all of the whistles and bells it has. This is my 5th coach and every other had a way to turn a valve and fill the tank with existing connection of shore water.

One other bad design is having to connect a hose to the side of the coach when parked with utilities. I had a white hose when I connected it at the only park we have used with it and it really stood out. I finally found a brown hose safe for drinking water and it blends in with the coach.

I hope someone can straighten me out and let me know what I'm missing.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:36 AM   #2
rescue7

The only way my TourMaster can be filled is thru that door.
I bought another city fill valve and mounted it to the wall in the sewage dump compartment and now connect the water there so the hose does not hang down side. I cut fillhose in bathroom and rerouted it into other comparment. Also blockold fill so I would not have a senior moment nad try to fill the old one and fill up coach.

Don