Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #1
deschemr

Default Excessive tire wear on Amerilite 259bh

We have a 2013 Amerilite 259bh that we took on a 4200 mile vacation in September. The tires wore so much on the outside half way through the trip that we had to buy a new one and use the spare. We contacted Gulfstream who said we overloaded the trailer and we contacted Lippert the axle manufacturer who said it wasn't loaded enough. One of the our vacation days was spent taking measurements and pictures to send to Lippert. They said there was too much camber and that the axles needed to be replaced. When we got home we took it to our Amerilite dealer and the axles were replaced. The old ones were sent to Lippert and they claimed that nothing is wrong with them (even though they originally told us they needed to be replaced). After some discussion, we got Lippert to pay for the new axles and installation. However, we are still stuck with the bill for tires we had to buy on our vacation. Our dealer is going to submit a claim to Gulfstream, but he doesn't sound very positive about how it will end. This a 4900lb. camper with a 2800 lb. load capacity. We will not be able to put 2800 lbs. of stuff in the camper so we didn't overload it. How can tires wear out after 2500 miles and we be responsible for it?
deschemr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:14 PM   #2
joey1127

Default Re: Excessive tire wear on Amerilite 259bh

Right there with you!!!

I just got a BRAND NEW Ameri-Lite 19KD that was delivered on 02/28. The inside and oustide tread after traveling 3,900 miles from the factory to my home in CA is GONE. I got Gulf Strem to pay for NEW tires, but they say the tires are only worth $100.00 each. What a joke! My Trailer has spent the last month in the shop having mistakes made by Gulf Stream corrected and fixed. A very slow and painful process to say the least. One technician called my trailer a Friday trailer

Sure do feel like I need an Atorney at this point based on what I am seeing posted by other owners.
joey1127 is offline   Reply With Quote