Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-30-2019, 08:45 PM   #1
Dhagan

Default Contacting g zgulfstream

Anyone else have trouble getting in touch with Gulfstream when you have an issue so frustrating
Dhagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 10:53 AM   #2
Sudsy

I leave a message and they usually call back pretty quickly.

Sudsy
Old 08-11-2019, 09:41 AM   #3
Sprinterguy

[

Sudsy, you look like an experienced Gulfstream owner, I'm about ready to purchase a new BTouring Cruiser, am I going to be happy with this purchase?
i understand there might be some issues to get worked out, and some online reviews for Gulfstream are great but there are lots of unhappy owners.

Just looking for some owner experience.
Thank you,
Dave

QUOTE=Sudsy;28733]I leave a message and they usually call back pretty quickly.

Sudsy[/QUOTE]
Sprinterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 11:23 AM   #4
Sudsy

Hi Dave;

I don't know much about the BT Cruiser line but my friend had one and he liked it. They traded for a Class A because they felt cramped in the BT. They are small in comparison to the Class A's and trailers. I have only had my 05 Sun Voyager for a few years but I find it to be every bit as well made as any other camper I have owned. I have has three Travel Trailers before this coach and this Gulf Stream is built better than the Starcraft or Rockwood TT's. Don't get me wrong, all campers have problems. Most of what I have found wrong with this coach is due to negligence. Maintenance is the most important part of owning a camper. Be very vigilant with water intrusion. Not just the roof but the windows and under the unit in wheel wells and such. look in all the compartments periodically for water damage and find the cause and fix it. I just discovered Flex Seal products for use on leaks. The stuff works great.

Steve
Old 08-29-2019, 05:17 PM   #5
bbaluski

Sprinterguy I don't know if they are all like this but we love our BT. We have a 2003, 24 foot with slider and nothing major has gone wrong in 16 years. Things wear out, ours has never been under a cover and I have lived in the desert, mountains, and now the beach. I have a good mechanic that says it's easy to work on. Standard ford e350 parts are readily available. We replaced all the sky lights, two compartment doors, and resealed the roof, standard RV parts. My dog ran into an open draw and broke the cabinet. Found the parts at Home depot. Replaced the batteries and tires. We also get about 10-17 miles per gallon depending on the terrain. All the plumbing is inside so we do plug in a small heater set at 40F if the temp drop below 25 that way we don't have to winterize it. We put a little anti freeze in the grey tanks.
bbaluski is offline   Reply With Quote