Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-13-2017, 05:25 PM   #1
Iknowuare

Default Vintage Cruiser 19ERD Woody

Hi! We bought the VintageCruiser 19ERD with the "woody" pkg. taken it out 3 times and I am definitely in need of guidance when it comes to storage. We had a 10' (13' to tongue) 1972 Shasta Compact that had more accessible storage. Yes the 19' has more total storage but it's under the bed, under the benches and outside. Can't figure a way to make the cabinet above sink efficient. Wish there was a closet.. we did put a tension rod in shower. We velcroed cargo nets by the door for shoes, flashlights and bug spray. The "shirt closets" near the bed are awkward.. hard to see inside. I added an 8' wide canvas shoe rack to keep clothes more available.
Wish the full storage under the bench was a drawer that pulled out so that I had a good place for reaching my pots and pans and cooking equipments.
Also would love to know what people added to bathroom for additional storage.. so much wall space in there.
Any great ideas or hacks would be appreciated! We get lots of amazing feedback when people look inside. It's got a nice feeling. I personally hate the faux wood paneling outside.. would love to switch it to the red stripe but I figure that would be $$$.
Thanks for letting me babble on!
Iknowuare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 07:07 PM   #2
poncho167

I like the woody look of your trailer and it is a great design! Though just a decal, the woody vinyl exterior stripe does give it a nice vintage look.

There are people making storage above the refrigerator on that model, as there is an empty space behind that panel. You will have to frame it out with a hinge door, but it is good usable space up there.
poncho167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:43 AM   #3
Allanb

In the shirt closet by the bed I added a shelf and 2 led puck lights like you'd put under cabinets. Put a shelf in the cabinet over the sink and will add lights for next season. In the bathroom I built a cabinet that is 7 inches deep and fills the area next to the medicine cabinet.
Allanb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ideas, storage, storage help, vintage cruiser 19erd