Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-10-2009, 08:19 PM   #1
pchicky

Default Inverter issue

I've had my unit almost a year and have used it frequently. With the last two trips, I noticed the coach batteries were slowly draining, and on the last trip, the batteries went completely dead.

To make a long story short, I pulled off the screen in the back bathroom of my 6400 to check the inverter....looked hooked up, but it wasn't running. The AC plug in cord went under the back sink, with no access to the plug in without taking out the AC breaker box. I pulled the cord for the inverter and it wasn't plugged in. Pulled the breaker box out and guess what? No AC plug in for the inverter anywhere under there....they forgot to put it in at the factory. Apparently, when I've been driving the coach, it's been charging batteries and I haven't noticed it. I wired an electric plug in, plugged in the inverter and problem solved.

If you're having similar issues, you might want to check and see if they actually installed a plug in. I'm not upset....glad I found the issue and it was easily resolved....just a slight aggravation.
pchicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:29 AM   #2
galena

I had the same thing except noticed right away and dealer fixed on first trip back last year.
galena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:37 AM   #3
PieEye

I had the same problem on mine, but when I pulled the breaker box I found a lone outlet molded into the box to plug it into. Once reconnected all has been fine since then.
PieEye is offline   Reply With Quote