Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-02-2011, 06:41 PM   #1
Texas TC

Default Been fun.....

...but I guess it's time to move on. As much as I have loved my SuperNova, my wife and I aren't getting any younger. So we have decided to give an A class a try for a few years. On Wednesday, we are trading the SuperNova for a new Winnebago Journey Express. I am looking forward to a new adventure but am going to miss this forum and those who participate on it.

I want to thank all of you who have made this little fraternity fun and knowledgeable. Thanks for sharing your experiences and I hope I helped a few of you along the way.

I'll drop by from time to time to check on my old buddies here. I know I will certainly be a small player in the Winnebago forum community.

Travel safe and have fun.

TxTC (my 347th post)

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:04 PM   #2
JimBob

Default Re: Been fun.....

I meant to post a reply earlier, but I joined TC a couple of weeks ago in saying farewell to Gulfstreaming. We traded in our Super Nova for a
Monaco Dynasty up at Bretz RV in Missoula Montana. We loved the GS and our time with it, but we felt we needed a little more room.

As an aside, our coach sold in less than a week to a couple that was thrilled with it. They will get many miles and hours of pleasure from it.

I echo TC's comments on the quality of the forum and the assistance we all shared with each other, and I too will follow the forum as a lurker.

Good luck to you all, and hope to see you on the road somewhere..

Jim Bob in St Augustine
Currently in West Yellowstone, Montana
http://jimbobmissbetteandbuster.blogspot.com
JimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:41 PM   #3
LabCab

Well........I just can't believe you folks have moved on. I always looked forward to the knowledge I picked up ( as well as the fear factor worring some of the bad things might happen to us) for all the postings you did. Best of luck to you both. Please keep checking in since I'm sure you still know alot more than most of us out there. Thanks and please keep checking back in!
Old 07-03-2011, 01:28 PM   #4
chuckyboy

I KNEW IT WAS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME ................PS SUPERNOVA'S SUCK
chuckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:41 AM   #5
Georunner

Thanks for all the help and advice. Someone is going to get a great new/used rig when they buy your trade-in. Let us know how things get started with your Claa A.
Georunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:53 AM   #6
steve.k

Thanks Texas I'm happy to hear you have a new rig!I also will miss your advice and imput but I guess you can stick around and help us out when we need it.Good luck in your purchase.
Steve
steve.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:58 PM   #7
B44D

Well they come in threes...I also have moved on. Sold the SN last weekend and am traveling in a Freightliner Showhauler...adios!
B44D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:44 PM   #8
cd6400

TC,

Sorry to see you go, but happy for you. Please checkout this site once in a while to offer advice and/or provide assistance. What you know about these SN's is invaluable and worth putting in a book....good luck with the new rig.... happy trails.
cd6400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:44 AM   #9
galena

TC, good luck on your new unit! We moved from our SuperNova to the Allegro Red last year for several reasons, but I still like to check this forum to see what is happening. The RED has been a great unit for us and I don't plan to change until I get too old to enjoy!
galena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:15 PM   #10
nailerman

Sorry to see some good members move on, but that is the way life is.

Mary and I are thinking the same thing. Now that we have most everything fixed or corrected, we want a smaller one. Something less cumbersome.

What could I expect to get on the open market for my 2008 6362 w/ 25,000 mi? I see figures of $120,000.00 and up. I would not mind finding a fast mover too. Wanted to get new one in the fall.
nailerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:56 PM   #11
Gemini John

Thanks for all your help TC, you ARE the helpful motorhome guy. I've did the suspension stuff, and been very happy with the performance of the "Carrot" as we call it. I'm not un-sure I won't sour on the vehicle someday, but I've watched many many very expensive tow rigs with problems at the races over the last twenty years. Ran an 83 Pace Arrow for 10 years, towed a lot and only had the tow truck once, in my OWN driveway LOL All coaches take mechanical care, and proper sorting makes it all better. I'm not sure what i would replace mine with if I needed a replacement. Currently my blackwater flush sprays water on the floor in the coach??? but still did it's job. Looks like the tank will have to come out to repair, but it's race season, and just dump and spray down the John like we used to to clean it. the 8.5 mpg towing still makes me happy. this forum also makes ownership better. Thanks to all that help HJ