Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-28-2005, 08:26 PM   #1
Linda1195

Default Seeking Ultra Super C Owners

We just purchased the 31 or 32 foot Ultra Super C. I love it, but have heard horror stories AFTER the purchase. Any info would be helpful.

Linda
Linda1195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 10:18 AM   #2
gsadmin

There are always "horror" stories for every make and model of RV. Be aware of any quirks by reading forums such as this and RV.net and then enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Remember that the point of RVing is to forget your troubles for a while. Try not to look for any...if that's possible
- Converted batteries to 4x6V from 2x12V
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
gsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 10:25 AM   #3
Doc Savage

We've owned our Endura 6316 for over a year now and have 13K miles on it. We love it and have had no real issues with it todate. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend these units. Many of the negative posts I've seen relate to poor dealer service (IMHO, the dealer is the most responsible for dealing with GS and resoliving coach issues). A few have related to the chassis, and sound like Chevy issues to me (overfilled trannies, wheel shake), should be fixed easily under warranty.

Robert

04 Endura 6316
05 Jeep Unlimited
04 PT Cruiser
98 Jeep TJ
Doc Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 11:05 AM   #4
gsadmin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Many of the negative posts I've seen relate to poor dealer service (IMHO, the dealer is the most responsible for dealing with GS and resoliving coach issues).

Robert
I agree with you to a point. But, that said, many issues related to factory QC/QA should not be left for the dealer. The mentality of the factory of "don't worry, that's what we have dealers for" cannot be acceptable. Warranty work is for flaws or defects that happen post factory inspection. Many issues on my coach and others happened before they left the factory because they were not caught in QA or the factory used that methodology.
- Converted batteries to 4x6V from 2x12V
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
gsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:07 PM   #5
charles downer

Default ultra super c

THE GULF STREAM NIGHTMARE

.In April of 2006 - I purchase a Gulf Stream Ultra Super-C. I found that the rear bumper was very rusty and the backup camera did not work. The dealer said this would be fixed before pickup which was in two weeks. I called three days before pickup to make sure it was done

On the first pickup the bumper was not done. It was fixed while I waited seeing it was welded on. They painted over the rust. The stove burners would not light the igniter was not wired right and some trim was hanging off this was also fixed while I waited.

Then I bring the unit home. Now I find the cable for the TV was not run or hooked up. None of the speakers for the DVD player were hooked up The DVD player is not even plugged in and the plug is not associable. I can, t plug it in. The hydriodic florid is 2 inches low and the window washer is empty I fill the washer and call Long View they pickup RV and had it for 5 days. Long View drops off RV.

The next morning I find my DC water pump has pumped my water tank water into my bedroom about 30 gallons I need to wet vac 1/2inch of water off the bedroom floor. Called long view to bring unit back to dealer. RV will not start use emergency start switch. Unit has a ground. Dealer has RV for 3 days I all so called the gulf stream factory customer service. They don?t seem to care.
Dealers brings RV back.

It rained two days later. The back bedroom widow and livingroom window leaks badly bedroom floor wet again also part of the ceiling in a cabinet is coming down. Also I found a large metal plate out side under RV that is bent and twisted. Above hydriodic unit .I call Long View they come to get RV .It does not start Another dead battery /ground I call Gulf stream again no one answers the phone or return my calls after many tries I get a Loary Kaler who listens but cant help.

The longView service tech tells me that the ground cant be fond and its in acceptable limits and there not looking for it this time . It takes 2 ? to 3 days to drain the cab battery if I don?t start it every day . How can this be acceptable? The bent metal is a protective plate and will not affect anything . Looks like it was installed with a sledgehammer and crow bar. 100k for this kind of work
All these problems and I have not had it out of the driveway other then to bring it back to the dealer. I AM afraid to take it on a long trip .I have not gotten any Info on road service or number to call if it brakes down. But Loary Keler says I have Emergency coverage.

How long before my bumper rots out I get mold under the cabinets and the battery dies. Some time after the warranty is up.

First Trip to Vermont
AS I drive to Vermont I find that most of the cabinets wont stay closed and keep swinging open with every tarn and bump so bad it cracks the mirror on the bed room cabinet I tie them closed with small bungee. The RV sways so mach Im afraid it will tip over .The shower leaks I fix the shower with silicon sealant. The next week longView fixes the ground it was a bad battery . He tells me to replace all the cabinet laches with better ones . The ones Gulf Stream used are cheap and it?s a common problem with Gulfstream cabinets He fixes the leaking windows. I fix the mirror. And use the bungees for the cabinets and spend a lot to put in airbag on the leafsprings to help stop the swaying

Second trip to Cap cod
It rained the windows still leak there are 3 of them now plus three storage compartment that leak I fix one of the storage compartments . the air bags help the swaying

Trip # 3 Outer Banks N.C.
Its hot I need the generator it only runs for 5 min till it shuts off restart run 5 min stops no air for me.. Its back to the dealer

Adding to these problems I find my warranty on the drive train and cab is for a 2005. I check car fax.com using my vin# it says I have a 2005 # 1gbe5u1e1f516479
THE label put on by GS MFG BY GULFSTREAM COACH, INC DATE of MFG/GULF STREAM 4/20/05

The dealer and Gulf Stream say it?s a 2006 and this is legal. Even if its legal its deceptive. I feel I paid for A 2006 and got a 2005./Lemmon

Charles L. Downer
179 Stanwood Dr. Newbritain Ct. 06053
EM [email protected]
charles downer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:54 PM   #6
Doc Savage

Gotta get back here more often. Too many boards to keep up with all the "playthings".

I do feel the dealer is the one responsible for dealing directly with the manufacturer. If my car had build quality issues, I take it to the dealer and expect them to deal with it, I don't expect to have to deal with the manufacturer directly, after all I purchased from the dealer, not the manufacturer. If there is an issue with factory build quality, the dealer should be dealing with that directly when they accept delivery from the manufacturer, just like any other product you purchase.

There should be a chain of quality incoming inspection that builds on itself. We inspect parts and assemblies from our subcontractors, do a final inspection prior to delivery, and then our customer does an incoming inspection. If our customer has an issue with an assmebly that we accepted from a sub, it is up to us to fix it not for the customer to deal directly with the sub.

Robert

04 Endura 6316
05 Jeep Unlimited
04 PT Cruiser
98 Jeep TJ
Doc Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 05:11 AM   #7
Jim Ott

Default Horror Story, Also

I agree with the horror Stories. I have had several problems with our Utlra C. Take a look at http://www.angelfire.com/va3/otts/rv.htm to see some of ours.
We purchased ours from a dealer in Dewitt MI. it was missing the slide out locks, the curtin for the upper bunk and the jack handle for removing the spare tire. It took several phone calls, but finely got the dealer to order the missing parts. it took them 4 weeks, just to get us the paper work so we could get the tags for the rv.
Anybody know where the "Satalite" wires are located? it has the option for prewire for satalite hookup, but nobody seems to know where they are. even the Gulf Stream Help desk, does not know. I paid for the option, but where is it?
Old 08-15-2006, 12:54 AM   #8
Lilli56

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilli56

Oh i have been reading some of the horror stories on here, and Jim we have had some of the same problems with ours. We didn't get a magazine wrack, no big deal, but it was promised and paid for, there are some decals on the outside that was supposed to be orderd and put on still don' thave them either, the drawers in the kitchen, good lord, can't even put any silverware in them as they are so short, Hubby made it bigger one so i can at least have a silver ware drawer. also have to do the rest of them yet.
Also on the living room slide the strip like yours on the bedroom is coming off, will have to fix that, refridgerator has been in twice to be fixed,heater went out and when we looked at it someone had hammered the heck out of the shroud, they did replace the whole furnace.
We are leaving for Glacier National Park on the 4th, scared that something major is going to happen, as we have had it out 4 times and 3 of those something has gone wrong.....Are we happy with this motor home NO, would we buy another one No. oh yeh do you guys also have problems with the toilet? everything cloggs up as there is this ledge the waste builds up. Don't know what stupid idiot thought of putting in a holding tank like this

what else can we expect to go wrong with this unit? it is a 2005 29 1/2ft
Lilli56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 07:25 PM   #9
mfa

Default Re: Horror Story, Also

Took delivery of our new 2006 Ultra Super-C 6316 last week and took it for a 3-night shakedown cruise this weekend. We love it. Only problems right now are a cabinet latch or two. We'll let you know how it goes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Ott
...Anybody know where the "Satalite" wires are located? it has the option for prewire for satalite hookup, but nobody seems to know where they are...
The inboard end of my satellite cable is hanging behind the DVD player, ready to plug into a receiver. I read somewhere else that there is a connection in the panel above the microwave. If you pop the little wood plugs out, you'll find screws behind them. I have not looked at mine yet, however, to see where the rest of the cabling is run...
mfa is offline   Reply With Quote