Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Class A
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2019, 09:19 AM   #1
Wambulance1949

Default Rv roof replaced

Back in Late August 2016, we took our 2007 Tourmaster class A RV to CW due to roof problems, we had Camping World REMOVE & REPLACE our old damaged roof. We were advised it had a LIFE TIME WARRANTY as long as we owned the coach. In early December 2018 we took it back to CW because we leak issues with the 3 slide room seals that were totally replaced in October 2018, and we noticed black mold?? on the kitchen area ceiling. They fixed the slide issues (warranty) but state that there is roof damage to the approx. cost of $5'500.00
They asked if we ever checked the roof seals since the roof (Membrane) replacement. They claim it was my responsibility to climb up on the roof and check them every 6 months... I advised them that #1 I was never advised to do that #2 I was never given any paper work or verbally advised to check the seals. Unfortunately I ASSUMED if the roof is replaced with a new roof I should not have any issues. (I've had my house replaced due to hurricane damage and nobody ever said limb up on the roof and check your seals) . Yesterday they said I need to check my owners manual and see that we were to check our roof seals every 6- 12 months) unfortunately, we never got an owners manual only a pile of info manuals on the freightliner engine, transmission, tv, washer/dryer, AC, etc. QUESTION: have any of you been advised to check your roof seals every 6+ months for leaks????
Wambulance1949 is offline   Reply With Quote