Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-18-2011, 08:01 AM   #1
remastersjr

Default Jacks Won't Extend

2002 Sun Voyager with Dewald hydraulic system that controls the leveling jacks and three slides. I've had this problem with the jacks before but they just started working on their own again. Here's the deal. Jacks are currently up and unit has been parked for about 2 months plugged into shore power. I always exercise the jacks along with the generator but this time, the jacks would NOT extend at all. When you turn it on the power light does come on. When you hit the emergency retract button, you can hear the pump trying to bring the jacks up but they're already up. When you hit the down/extend button, you get absolutely nothing out of the unit. The motorhome is in Park. Emergency Brake is set. Key is in the Off position. I've checked fuses but I"m going to do that again. I see that I do have a fuse under the dash for the jack "alarm" it says. I'll check that today. I checked the fuse at the hydrualic pump itself and it was fine. I checked all fuses in the lower compartment and they appreared to be fine. Any other ideas?
remastersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:23 AM   #2
larrybell

Default Re: Jacks Won't Extend

I have a couple of ideas. First, has the knurlled emergency knob been repositioned? Is the hydraulic tank full?
Old 11-18-2011, 11:00 AM   #3
remastersjr

Nope Knureld knob(s) not touched, reservoir is full and nothing appears to be leaking.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:22 PM   #4
RayChez1

Sounds to me like you have a lose wire somewhere in the system. I would check the control panel first. Maybe a wire come lose in the back of the panel.

I have the Quattra Big Foot electric/hydraulic jacks on mine. Once I was in South Carolina and we had problems with the jacks not coming up. Found out that a circuit breaker in the side compartment where you turn off all the power when you park it for the winter months had tripped. Luckily I spotted the circuit breaker tripped. I reset it and it worked right away.

You might want to check for current on the wire where it attaches to the electric motor while somebody else presses the button inside the coach.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:24 PM   #5
remastersjr

Yes, i tend to agree that I either have some sort of fuse blown or I have a "loose" wire somewhere. I keep thinking fuse but I can't find a blown fuse anywhere. I did find a good in-line fuse when i took the control panel out but no lose wires. It acts like the parking brake is not set or something. Tomorrow I'm going to check the switch at the parking break foot lever and see what's going on there.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:30 AM   #6
LogansPapa

2003 SunVoyager with the same problem, slides don't work and jacks won't go down. Read a post that says in the right compartment in the basement by the passanger side is the breakers, you have to reset them. Also make sure your parking break is on and your driver seat is moved all the way forward and your ignition switch off. Also lube your slide with dry lube only not grease or WD-40 bad for the system.
LogansPapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 11:04 PM   #7
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Now HOW does a guy w/ a 2017 GMC in his signature make a post w/ that signature in post made in Nov 2011? Time travel? (re: RayChez1)
THenne1713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:16 PM   #8
Willyt

Default Stuck jacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by remastersjr View Post
2002 Sun Voyager with Dewald hydraulic system that controls the leveling jacks and three slides. I've had this problem with the jacks before but they just started working on their own again. Here's the deal. Jacks are currently up and unit has been parked for about 2 months plugged into shore power. I always exercise the jacks along with the generator but this time, the jacks would NOT extend at all. When you turn it on the power light does come on. When you hit the emergency retract button, you can hear the pump trying to bring the jacks up but they're already up. When you hit the down/extend button, you get absolutely nothing out of the unit. The motorhome is in Park. Emergency Brake is set. Key is in the Off position. I've checked fuses but I"m going to do that again. I see that I do have a fuse under the dash for the jack "alarm" it says. I'll check that today. I checked the fuse at the hydrualic pump itself and it was fine. I checked all fuses in the lower compartment and they appreared to be fine. Any other ideas?
I'm with the other guy, did you find that 130amp breaker in the battery disconnect compartment. That was my problem !
Willyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 08:20 AM   #9
Big Shasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by THenne1713 View Post
Now HOW does a guy w/ a 2017 GMC in his signature make a post w/ that signature in post made in Nov 2011? Time travel? (re: RayChez1)
Your post is old but I'll answer it for anyone curious.
When you change your signature it updates it for every post you've ever made.
Big Shasta is offline   Reply With Quote