Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-13-2006, 12:33 PM   #1
TSoul

Send a message via Yahoo to TSoul
Default filling the fresh water tank.

I have a Crescendo and the only way to fill the fresh water tank is to hook a hose directly to the inlet which I can select either local or tank. No problem. So at this point I fill the tank and watch the lights and when it says full I turn off the water.

So here is the problem. None of my tank sensors were right and had to be adjusted. No big deal but, I got to thinking about it and maybe my fresh water tank sensors are off too.

Is there an over flow valve that will allow exess (SP?) water to come out if I put to much water in? I am conserned because I have heard of people who have blown the seams on there tank by over filling it. I really think the tank can hold more than the sensors are showing. I don't have great water presure here at the house so I am not sure if it would be enough pressure to pop the tank. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks for your replies.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:22 PM   #2
mhowel

Default Water tank fill

TSoul, all water tanks that have a positive hookup will have a vent. If you can see your fresh water tank and its white, you should see the water level in it. If not, shine a flash light on the side of the tank and you should see a darker line. As to the pressure of your home water pressure, whatever pressure you have( 30# or 40#s or) multiply that # by the area ( in square inches) of your tank. I believe you will be surprised at the bursting pressure that will build up.
mhowel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 02:18 PM   #3
TSoul

Send a message via Yahoo to TSoul

My tanks are enclosed and there is no way for me to see them. I kind of wish I could but its all blocked in. Your right about the presure thats why I don't want to take a chance. I thought maybe I could fill it until it comes out the overfill valve then I would know it is full. I don't think I will take that chance. Thanks for the reply. Happy Camping.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:54 AM   #4
RV Wizard

TSoul, there is an overflow and vent combination for the fresh water tank. Once full the water will come out the overflow and onto the ground. You may only want to carry a partial tank until you get closer to your final destination as water is 8 lbs./gallon. If you don't mind the extra weight and have to have the tank full then you should be ok. Good luck & enjoy!
iRV2.com -Gulf Stream Owners Forum Leader
2000 Scenic Cruiser
99 Chevy Silverado 4 X 4 Toad
2006 Saturn Vue AWD Toad
NASCAR #3 & #8
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote