Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 03:45 PM   #1
tippleunduly

Default New Euro Touring Cruiser and factory tour

Hi, all !

New member here! I joined even before taking delivery of my GS coach.

We are excited about GS's new Euro Touring Cruiser. It's the 5272 floorplan, but with the very attractive euro-style interior of the Vista Mini Cruisers. The cabinets and walls are curved, exterior trunks have side hinged doors, solid countertops, euro plumbing and appliances, plus 2 new decent upholstery choices (for a change!). They also offer a 5272 version of the Vista Minis on a Ford diesel, retaining the 91" width as on the Mercedes diesel. Check GS's site.

Mine will be a WorkHorse 196" WB chassis, which is standard. We prefer it for ride, quiet, fuel economy, and cab floorspace.

I toured the GS BTC factory a few weeks ago. I was fortunate to have a private tour conducted by one of their new quality control leaders. I came away impressed, both by him and the operation. They even have a final QC check that pressurizes the coach from inside, then spray soapy water on exterior seams to seek out bubbles and leaks.

Downsizing after 35 years of class A motorhoming and looking forward to our new ETCruiser!
Bill