Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-28-2018, 04:28 AM   #21
Big Shasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
I see. I am looking for a suitable induction cooktop for RV use. I am also trying to remember the name of the one unit steamer/crockpot/rice cooker/fryer. anybody know what I'm talking about/

Sudsy
Instant Pot?

https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-M.../dp/B00FLYWNYQ
Old 01-07-2019, 01:22 PM   #22
Rhodesia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DilceFarNiente View Post
To add on an extra exterior LP tank, purchase an item called an Extend-a-Stay. It will tap into your existing gas line and run to an external tank, a barbeque or what have you..

Most big box hardware stores and Amazon carry them, and they are not difficult or complicated to install yourself.

We used the small refillable tank when we were working oil rig gate security way out in the Texas boonies for months at at time .

However, double check to see if that the propane truck you see coming through the park won't simply fill your tank... we've stayed at many parks where the local propane company would send the truck through the campground once a week and if you needed your onboard filled, you just flagged him down. If its a truck with the big LP tank on the back (rather than a flat bed filled with tall bottles) he can fill your onboard no problem.
I just found out here in the state of Oregon any "Extend-a-Stay" valve adapter is NOT state fire marshal approved so If I'm caught using an external tank outside my RV or any 5th wheel you can be fined, no RV park or any state parks or BLM in the state of Oregon will allow and external tanks to be use for any long stays. But there is no law saying I can't have one installed but I will have to do it myself because the RV services are not allowed to install them, and the place I bought my RV from says when they buy or take one in on a trade here in Oregon they have to have them removed before they can resale the RV or 5th wheel if one has been installed that was from a state that approves them. the funny thing is you can buy these valves here in Oregon I bought the Camco brand from wal mart in Oregon and Oregon does not have one that is state approved.
Rhodesia is offline   Reply With Quote