Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-06-2017, 07:26 PM   #1
jebsr1

Default water heater replacement

Hi All
I have a 2004 class A gulfstream Ultra supreme. On my last trip we were sitting by the fire. all of a sudden water started coming out of the bottom tube right below the water heater. I pulled the relief value to make sure it wasn't something else. it wasn't under any pressure
When I got home and started pulling it apart. My Question is how do I get to the inlet/outlet water tube. I'm thinking since its below the flooring. I need to put a hole or pull out a wall somehow. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jim
jebsr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:52 PM   #2
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebsr1 View Post
Hi All
I have a 2004 class A gulfstream Ultra supreme. On my last trip we were sitting by the fire. all of a sudden water started coming out of the bottom tube right below the water heater. I pulled the relief value to make sure it wasn't something else. it wasn't under any pressure
When I got home and started pulling it apart. My Question is how do I get to the inlet/outlet water tube. I'm thinking since its below the flooring. I need to put a hole or pull out a wall somehow. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jim
Can I GUESS that as you remove from outside, pulling the top out, you will be able to LIFT and pull the PEX up to disconnect?. You can probably remove drawers to SEE the inside plumbing? The RYOBI CAMERA PROBE MAY ALSO BE HELPFUL? ($59+/-) OR EVEN YOUR SMARTPHONE CAMERA/ VIDEO?
THenne1713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 01:57 AM   #3
jebsr1

THenne,
Yes I pulled the outside door and flange. Can only pull the heater out so. I still cant reach my arm back there to loosen the fittings. the heater sits below the main floor. under the heater which sits on the floor under the frig. I don't see any access points from inside the motorhome. As matter of fact I do have a micro USB camera probe. I will try in a day or two.
Thanks for you reply
jebsr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 02:56 PM   #4
Blueboars

Hi
I have a gulfstream ultra supreme 2003 water heater issue and will be replacing it. I'm having the same issue accessing the heater from inside the rig, there is no access point inside. Can anyone share how they removed the heater? Getting access to the water hot and cold on the sw6d heater, as it is completly enclosed? I'm tempted to just pull it out from the outside. Any advise would be welcomed.
Blueboars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 05:54 PM   #5
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

On mine, under Range/Oven, there is a plywood panel in front that has several very small phillips head brass screws securing the plywood; maybe most easily found by feeling w/ fingertips around inside frame (outer perimeter of plywood?) What is above and adjacent to yours? (e.g. removing drawers allowed visuals )
Old 01-12-2019, 07:02 AM   #6
Restorium

Mine comes out from the outside. Thought they all did? You access the connections from the basement next to it. Maybe the year and model made mine easy and some are more difficult.
Restorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 07:27 PM   #7
Blueboars

Smile Water heater

Thanks for the help. I removed the water heater and see the entry from under the carriage. Will have to get the sprayed foam off to remove the screws, but now can access for installation. Kind regards, Ken
Blueboars is offline   Reply With Quote