Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-25-2008, 06:36 AM   #1
Darkside

Default Super Nova Hotel Ride

I was about ready to purchase a Super Nova Hotel with the office package instead of the bunk bed area. My wife and I have no kids so we were not concerned about the room. My concern is the one post that I saw concerning the ride quality of this model. Does anyone else have any experience with this model? This will be my first RV and I am very hesitant to purchase one that is going to present problems from the start. I am retired and planned to tour the country for about five years. This would involve trips of two to three month duration before returning home. I did not want a Class A because of the gas mileage. In addition since I have no RV experience I thought this would be too big of a challenge for my first motor home. Any advice of this model would be greatly appreciated.
Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:18 PM   #2
TheHansens

We have a Gladiator, smaller in lenght but it is on the chassis. Now that International upgraded my springs to 10,000 lb.(they were only 8,000), I have no complaints. It is different from an air ride but it is easy to drive. We feel very safe on the road. With the engine in the front you may find it noisy, can't talk too much or listen to the radio/CD's. It's not for everyone and a Class A may be more to your liking.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:19 AM   #3
loderfamily

Send a message via MSN to loderfamily

We've only had this motorhome for a short time...but love the ride and the drivability. It is fabulous on downhill grades (using 4th gear) and the ride was smooth and comfortable. Better experience then the former truck/towable option. Extremely sturdy feel throughout the chasis.

Note: I have dragged the hitch a few times already. It is built up - with a beefy "drag-guard" and there has been no damage...but the drag-guard piece has met the street 3 or 4 times in the short time we've owned this unit. Only has happened coming in or out of steep driveway approaches. (Gas station, parking lot, etc.)
loderfamily is offline   Reply With Quote