Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #1
gdmercad

Default 2013 Visa 19 ERD Maintenance

After my last trip, I decided to do a detailed inspection of the unit. The following items were checked:

1. Inspected and adjusted brakes. Found one disconnected electrical wire (suspect it went to the electric brake system) Disassembled the 3M electrical connector and connected the wire. Looks like the wire pulled loose out of the connection (see photo).
2. Prior to removing the wheels, I noticed that one of the wheels had excessive lateral play. I downloaded the trailer axle Operation and Service Manual from the Lippert website and adjusted the bearing preload in accordance to the specific instructions contained in the manual. I did an inspection of the bearing races and axle and did not notice any damage. Post reassembly, the wheel did not contain the movement it prior had. I believe the nut was one flat too loose. Injected lithium grease in both wheels bearings.
3. Use spray foam insulation to seal all the openings that lacked it from the bottom.
4. Upon complete inspection of the bottom of the unit, I only found three wires that need additional cable ties to get it from hanging too low.
5. There were two area of light rust on the frame that I wirebrushed and sprayed painted with Rustoleum <-probable spelled wrong.
6. I noticed that the LP gas piping contained a superficial coat of rust. Not yet done anything to it yet.
7. Inspected both tires for wear and did not notice any issues. These tires (Goodyear Marathon Radials) were recently installed under warrantee (851.9 miles on them). Replace the original due to sidewall cracking (1944.9 miles on them).
8. Found all fasteners tight and in place.

Wife promised to do an intense cleaning of the inside tomorrow, then I will wash and maybe wax the unit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image.jpg (202.9 KB, 855 views)
gdmercad is offline   Reply With Quote