Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-06-2006, 03:23 PM   #1
IMRAY69

Default Soft and wet floor in the bedroom

Just took up the flooring in the bedroom of our trailer and found too much mildew to list. Under all the carpet is linoleum and under that is rotten, mushy, black and stinky particle board flooring. Tried to turn it into the insurance but they said it would not be covered because it is not comprehensive or collision. If I were to tear up all the floor in the front of the trailer only to find out that it goes all the way back to the rear of the trailer, I would be crushed. I do not have the time nor do I wish to get into something that big.
Oh yeah, did I tell you that the wife and I had a Disney trip planned with some friends of ours for this June? How's that for a shot in the cr?//$r?
Do you think that I may have some recourse with the insurance or the dealer or the trailer company? I think I may just be out of luck. What do you all think?
Thanks for listening. Rant off. Ray
Since I originally posted this, I crawled under the unit and found several spots that the fabric underneath the unit was either ripped or torn or unsealed from the factory. It's at the dealers right now to see if they can get anywhere with the ins. company. Ray
Old 01-06-2006, 04:25 PM   #2
Timothy

Ray, sorry to hear about the problems with your TT. If you can find that the trailer was not sealed at the factory you may have some recourse with them. You may want to try and contact Gulf Stream and see what they say. I think there is another post about a trailer that was not sealed correctly.
If there is mold present maybe the insurance company could look at repairing if for you due to the health issue.
You may have to provide proof that you did annual sealing and caulking to get the factory to fix it.
Sure is a shame that a fairly new unit should have such defects and leaves you holding the bag for repairs.
Best of luck to you.

Tim
Old 01-09-2006, 09:00 AM   #3
CampWinican

Do you have any local RV repair places in your area? I'm not talking about the dealers now but independent repair facilities that specialize in RV repair. We have one in our area that works at quite reasonable rates, so I'm wondering if there might be some type of service in your area. You may want to take it in for an estimate to one of these places, if available, to get an idea of what the cost would be for a repair of this type.
CampWinican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 11:45 PM   #4
Linda

Send a message via AIM to Linda
Default Spongy soft flooring

We also have purchased a used Gulfstream. A 2000 model AmeriLite. Looking at it, it appeared too good to be true, so we purchased it without pulling out the dinette table..boy now we wish we would have. The floor in the front is soft, and spongy, running towards the tongue. We contacted GulfStream, and requested a diagram, so we might attempt repairs ourselves, which they said they would, but we never recieved them, so as we speak., we have put our rig into the shop, and are hoping repairs won't break the bank... There sure seems to be a structural problem to have allowed water to do this much damage on a rig that looks brand new until closer inspection.
Well, since I posted this we now have an estimate of repairs to fix the water leakage problems....$6,500...needless to say we are puzzled why a company that touts such good quality "craftmanship" should have these major problems, being only six years old and for all appearances "looks" brand new until you take a closer look....Hoping to hear from the company, but I am not holding my breath....I hope they proove me wrong.....
Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 04:29 PM   #5
kgbeaner

I am curious about one thing, because we've had lots of water damage to a new travel trailer. What was the source of your water damage? Were you able to find that out and fix it also? KG
kgbeaner is offline   Reply With Quote