Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-24-2023, 01:17 PM   #1
Dudewaha

Default Ac gfci

Ac was running on onan qg4000 and plugged a small vacuum into outlet marked gfci but does not have a reset test button. Ac shut off and won't start and outlet does not function. Breakers and fuses under the bed all seem to be functional and not blown. The gfci in bathroom does not reset the circuit. I am disabled so I can't really get low and into tight places but if I knew where to look I could find assistance. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I hope this isn't a duplicate thread if so please direct me to original as I was unable to find it. Thanks
Dudewaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 04:56 PM   #2
Chuck v

The GFCI function is in the first outlet in the chain...so look at your other outlets for a tripped button. Many RVs have an additional GFCI outlet in the kitchen area someplace, so start there.

If you let us know the year and model of your RV, we may have a member that has specific helpful knowledge...

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 05:14 PM   #3
Dudewaha

2016 conquest 63111 32ft class c
Dudewaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 03:40 PM   #4
Chuck v

I'm not familiar with that particular model...so maybe we should fall back on generic troubleshooting techniques. Usually the air conditioner is not on a GFI...it should have its own separate breaker. Does it work correctly when you are connected to shore power?

Can you post a picture of the 110 volt breaker panel of your rig? Maybe the labels there will offer a clue...

Chuck

Old 07-30-2023, 09:28 AM   #5
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Check kitchen over sink, bend over, look up? Often GFCI receptacle there used for crock pot in sink w/ GEN while traveling, many say? Otherwise, check bath?
Old 07-30-2023, 09:42 AM   #6
Chuck v

Dude,

Since you mentioned that you have limited physical mobility/agility, you may be able to use a small mirror to achieve viewing the odd surfaces above and below normal lines of sight in your coach. Let us know when you are successful in resolving this issue... good luck!!

Chuck

Old 07-30-2023, 09:51 AM   #7
brandrietw

I am a new gulf stream owner,I have a 1995 Gulf Stream 34 footer With 2 roof Air Conditioners. There no control panel on the cealing for eather one. I read that some motor Homes Air is operated like your Home Air is on the wall like your heat and Air Conditioner. Is this true to my Type of Air Units.or and is there a way to start your roof air from Dash control switches. Please Reply I am Confused. Respectfully Bill BrANDRIET
brandrietw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 10:16 AM   #8
Chuck v

Bill,

Your coach's AC control is most likely part of the wall thermostat that also controls the heat, like it was in my later year coach.

Does it have a slide switch position for 'cool' ? A typical unit might look like this...

Chuck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RV thermostat.jpg (27.9 KB, 4 views)