Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-03-2006, 05:18 PM   #1
GStream40
Site Team

Default Your favorite vacations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisha
Hey guys, what are your guy's favorite places to travel to? I like going to the Bahamas every December!
What route do you take with the RV?

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 03:58 PM   #2
earljan34

Hey Ron! When you find out the route maybe we can caravan there sounds like a fun trip!

Earl

www.IRV2.com, www.RvNET.com, www.thatscamping.com
earljan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 08:41 PM   #3
GStream40
Site Team

Earl.

We have Gulf Streams, but they do not travel on the Gulf Stream very well. At least not on top of the water.

Ron
Old 12-05-2006, 10:08 AM   #4
djqualls

You actually can travel to Belize by land.

When we were there in January we were talking to a cab driver that flys to Houston to drive rental cars down ther for sale.

That would be an interesting trek...
Old 12-05-2006, 10:58 AM   #5
GStream40
Site Team

Dave, Where is Belize?

Ron
Old 12-05-2006, 02:50 PM   #6
earljan34

Hey Ron, I think its in central America, If I remember right it was called British Honduras before I think they had some kind of revolution down there a long time ago back in the 80s. But still can't drive to the Bahamas from there. Like the man from Maine said yah can't get there from here by MH any way.

Hey Ron I just found this!
Belize, formerly known as British Honduras, is a small nation on the eastern coast of Central America on the Caribbean Sea bordered by Mexico to the northwest and Guatemala to the west and south. The country is a parliamentary democracy and constitutional monarchy which recognizes Queen Elizabeth II as Sovereign. The name is shared by the Belize River, Belize's longest river, and Belize City, the former capital and largest city.

The only English-speaking country in Central America, Belize was a British colony for more than a century and was known as British Honduras until 1973. It became an independent nation in 1981. Belize is a member of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) and the Sistema de Integraci?n Centroamericana (SICA) and considers itself to be culturally both Caribbean and Central American.

Belize is the smallest (in terms of population) non-island sovereign state in the Americas.

Hope this helps

Earl

www.IRV2.com, www.RvNET.com, www.thatscamping.com
earljan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:05 PM   #7
darbyjudy

Default Beleize

We were in Beleize last month and took a tour of Beleize City. I am sure glad as hell that I don't live there. One thing it does when you take these trips is make you glad you live in the USA. Conditions there is terrible for most of the people. the only nice place was where the ships were anchored. I understand they are going to have an election next year and our tour driver was hoping for a new Prime Minister. ONe thing I though was interesting is that the children when they go to school they get nothing to eat all day long. Also I beleive they are tested in the 8 grade and at that time if they are not a good student their education is over. It appeared that if it wasn't for tourists they would be very few jobs. I know the tour driver thanks us for coming and said if it wasn't for the tourists I would not have a job.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:50 PM   #8
GStream40
Site Team

And now we know the rest of the story.

Thanks guys for the information about Belize or Beleize. Guess I won't ever go there since I still have too much that I haven't seen here in the states.

It is interesting to hear of others travels to other countries and their opinions of them.

Ron
Old 12-05-2006, 07:05 PM   #9
RJ82much

You guys (& gals) really have me confused. But anyway, here's my 2-cents. According to Google Earth, Balize is also the name of the country nowadays. In addition to 2 cities called Balize (according to Google!), there is Balize City right on the coast But, you already pretty much said that - I just needed to type!

How did we jump from Bahamas to Balize? And, I cannot find any land route or bridge to Bahamas - Ha Ha Ha. Maybe a ferry boat & you could keep the RV engine running to make it seem like you drove there???

Have a great night all...

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:39 PM   #10
GStream40
Site Team

Bob,

Now you have added to my confusion...

Belize or Beleize or Balize Guess it is just Honduras to me...LOL

But you are right, It isn't the Bahamas. Now that we are all confused......... I give up..

Ron
Old 12-05-2006, 08:30 PM   #11
RJ82much

I was going to reply, "whooops" but I actually don't need to (on a technicality). Google Earth truly spells the country & the 3 cities "Belise.

However, a Google search yields both spellings (also Balise). I didn't check for Belieze.

I assume Belise is correct (thank you Ron), I just needed to save face! Ha Ha Ha

I'm on my toes now!

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
Old 12-05-2006, 09:39 PM   #12
coolchas11

Just point the rig to Florida! That's all the vacation we need. Charlie
Old 12-05-2006, 09:42 PM   #13
GStream40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolchas11
Just point the rig to Florida! That's all the vacation we need. Charlie
December 26th ours will be headed that way!!! :P

Ron
Old 12-05-2006, 11:28 PM   #14
djqualls

Default Re: Beleize

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbyjudy
We were in Beleize last month and took a tour of Beleize City. I am sure glad as hell that I don't live there. One thing it does when you take these trips is make you glad you live in the USA. Conditions there is terrible for most of the people. the only nice place was where the ships were anchored. I understand they are going to have an election next year and our tour driver was hoping for a new Prime Minister. ONe thing I though was interesting is that the children when they go to school they get nothing to eat all day long. Also I beleive they are tested in the 8 grade and at that time if they are not a good student their education is over. It appeared that if it wasn't for tourists they would be very few jobs. I know the tour driver thanks us for coming and said if it wasn't for the tourists I would not have a job.
You are correct on all accounts. I told our cab driver who was commenting about the abuse of political authority the following..."Why don't you stick it to the man and start a revolution?" in which he replied, "One guy tried that but he quickly changed his mind........
Old 01-23-2007, 05:10 PM   #15
gsadmin

funny, this topic was started by a forum-spammer!

I will delete his post but the thread will remain.

If you are curious as to why thewy would post, look VERY carefully at his signature and you will see a link in microscopic text.

A link from our site gives more cred to his site for Google rankings.
- Converted batteries to 4x6V from 2x12V
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
gsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:34 PM   #16
RJ82much

Can't look now - it's pssssssht. Thanks for looking out for all of us. Good Job!

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
Old 02-26-2007, 04:24 PM   #17
gusbus007

I would recommend Jasper/Banff Canadian parks. Far less commercial than Yellowstone, and much more majestic. But then again we enjoy getting away from larger crowds of people. If you like mountains, you will not be disappointed here!