Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-12-2015, 09:36 AM   #1
Front45

Default 2013 Innsbruck Slide flooring

I'm new to the forum - we have a 2013 Innsbruck that is on a permanent site. We camp in all weather for extended periods and most weekends from April to October. We maintain all the seals on our windows, check roof, seal anything that needs sealing, etc. We pull the slides in when we leave the camper. Recently we discovered a bubbled area in the wallpaper above the dining/living room slide. Insurance adjuster said not their problem but in the process of inspecting the RV came across a significant issue with the flooring of the slide. He said it is untreated particle board - it extends to the edge of the slide. The floor is soggy. He said that this is not the way a floor should be constructed.

I called my dealer and they have said that there were known issues with untreated particle board being used as flooring on the slide in our model year RV. They have returned at least one unit to Gulf Stream for them to fix the problem.

I have been in touch with Gulf Stream and the person says he has "never heard of such a problem" - yet that is who my dealer has worked with on the other RV.

Has anybody else had this experience? Any details are appreciated. Thank you!
Front45 is offline   Reply With Quote