Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-06-2011, 02:51 PM   #1
budster

Default Fema Trailer Owners

When I purchased my Cavalier I was lucky enough to find one in great shape. I also noticed that all the warranty cards where present in the unit. I filled out all the warranty cards and recently received information in the mail that GE and Dometic will honor there warranties as if I purchased my travel trailer off the showroom floor. I am still waiting to hear from Gulf Stream regarding their warranty and if I don't hear from them I will contact them with VIN Number in hand and then let everyone here know of my outcome.
budster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:06 PM   #2
dixieray53

Default Re: Fema Trailer Owners

Good Luck..Keep us updated. I am sure there are tons of owners who'd like to know...D
2009 Crescendo Trio C40K w/ 2010 Ford Flex
Towed four down....
dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:09 AM   #3
Mjp

Where did you find the warranty cards in the trailer?
Mjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:57 PM   #4
budster

I found all the warranty cards and all manuals in the cabinet above the sink. It should have all the warranty cards along with the Gulfstream Owners manual, Microwave, frig, hotwater heater, and furnace within the clear bag. As of this posting I still have not heard from Gulfstream and have not had my calls returned.

On a brighter note, the trailer was the best purchase I have made in a long time.

The only advise I can give while looking to purchase one of these trailers is to TAKE YOUR TIME looking, don't sign anything until you have everything checked out. Hotwater heater works, furnance, lighting, brakes for the trailer if your going to be towing. I would even suggest taking off all panels and checking the plumbing. Propane lines. Take a moisture meter with you and even check the walls.

I was very lucky in my purchase. I have been told many bad stories in people jumping the gun to purchase these trailers because of the price.

I have had three people offer me $10.000 plus for mine after spending $3000.00 to purchase, and the only money I have spent on the unit is $14.00 for a anode rode, $100.00 for decals I purchased off of e-bay, and the soap and water I used to wash it.

I WISH EVERYONE the best of luck in their purchase and hope the purchase you make, makes your family as happy as it has mine.
budster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:19 PM   #5
Tareece

Found mine too... will be sending them in soon... should I date them from MY purchase date?
Tareece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:30 PM   #6
Cinco Diaz

It would be a lifesaver if yall can scan the actual Owners Manual and the manuals to the appliances and whatever else you may have in paperwork and post it here. It would be a great asset to all of us who own a Fema Trailer.
Cinco Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote