Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-13-2016, 10:46 PM   #1
lucajulien

Default 2015 26 CRB stream lite travel trailer

Just purchased a 2015 streamlite 26crb travel trailer. My husband and I fell in love with it and pick it up the end of April. I have search high and low for reviews in this trailer but have come up empty. I am hoping this is a good thing as people tend to complain about what they don't like and you rarely get people to comment on things they do like.

Anyhow it's our first travel trailer. Any tips or what to look for when we pick it up since it will still be under warranty?
lucajulien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:01 PM   #2
podcampingnurse

Default Re: 2015 26 CRB stream lite travel trailer

Funny! We are looking to buy the same model and want to know pros and cons. I can't find a lot of information either and was thinking along the same line as you are about posting the things they like vs. their dislikes. I'm going to follow and hope for some info.
podcampingnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 07:33 AM   #3
Steveg

I’m not familiar with your model, but regardless, they are all thrown together at a frantic pace. Therefore ALL new RV’s have issues. Don’t even wait until you find leaks. Buy silicone and caulk around every single place that penetrates the siding, like heater, lights, electrical outlet, etc. inspect your roof caulking. Tug gently on it to make sure it is bonded well, and has no gaps. If so, find the manufacturer of the roof and ask what product they use on their membrane. Buy some, and re caulk everything that protrudes through the roof. If you can’t do these sort of things, get a handi man to do it for you. Inspect every bolt you can find. The black and gray water tanks often are poorly attached and need securing before they fall off. Leaks will ruin the walls, and the cheap “furniture” such as closets and kitchen seats, as well as floor. Drain traps need tightening, and all water connections will need snuggling up by hand. It’s a sad thing to expect all this, but if you research, you will find they all have issues. They are thrown together from start to finish in about 7 hours, with no QC along the way. Good luck.
Steveg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:33 AM   #4
exjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveg View Post
I’m not familiar with your model, but regardless, they are all thrown together at a frantic pace. Therefore ALL new RV’s have issues. Don’t even wait until you find leaks. Buy silicone and caulk around every single place that penetrates the siding, like heater, lights, electrical outlet, etc. inspect your roof caulking. Tug gently on it to make sure it is bonded well, and has no gaps. If so, find the manufacturer of the roof and ask what product they use on their membrane. Buy some, and re caulk everything that protrudes through the roof. If you can’t do these sort of things, get a handi man to do it for you. Inspect every bolt you can find. The black and gray water tanks often are poorly attached and need securing before they fall off. Leaks will ruin the walls, and the cheap “furniture” such as closets and kitchen seats, as well as floor. Drain traps need tightening, and all water connections will need snuggling up by hand. It’s a sad thing to expect all this, but if you research, you will find they all have issues. They are thrown together from start to finish in about 7 hours, with no QC along the way. Good luck.
Exactly what I did the very next day after bringing mine home (new). Found several issues that would have been major problems down the road if not delt with immediatly. Good info Steve ^ !
Old 06-16-2018, 06:23 AM   #5
atreis

I love snuggling up with my plumbing.

I agree though. You'll want to go through it and very thoroughly check it out, snug up the fittings, test everything, fix anything that doesn't work. Personally, I recommend you do the fixing part yourself, not at a dealership. It stands a better chance of coming out right that way (unless what needs fixing is replacement of an appliance or something major).

Check the seals on all roof penetrations (skylight, vents, etc. - anything that goes through the roof) as well as the seams at the roof edges. Roof leaks are the worst. Also check the caulking around wall penetrations (lights, mainly).

My trailer had very few issues. A bad water pump, some loose plumbing fittings, and the through-the-wall AC had been poorly setup.

Advice: After you've loaded up, stop off at a Cat Scale and get true weights.