Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-21-2018, 12:30 PM   #1
Rclark

Default Cable TV

I have a 2003 sun voyager, the cable tv does not work when I use the F connector in the 50amp basement compartment . When I run the cable from the campsite to the back of the tv it works .Seems like I have a loose connection somewhere, the TV anntena works fine, any help would be appreciated
Rclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 07:40 PM   #2
Chuck v

Most RV cable and antenna systems have an amplifier/switch plate that selects the roof antenna or the park cable connection. In my coach it is in the came cabinet as the satellite receiver and the audio equipment. Try the push button on that plate to see if it selects between the roof antenna and the park connection.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:16 PM   #3
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rclark View Post
I have a 2003 sun voyager, the cable tv does not work when I use the F connector in the 50amp basement compartment . When I run the cable from the campsite to the back of the tv it works .Seems like I have a loose connection somewhere, the TV antenna works fine, any help would be appreciated

Well don't feel like the Lone Ranger. My 2005 is driving me crazy. I use a Dish Network system and have to run the cable in the front window and over the kitchen slide to the Entertainment Center. From there I can distribute throughout the MH.

NOW during my spring outfitting I discovered that there are actually two F connector connections in the 50 amp basement area, Look closely and see if you have one under the cover with the telephone wire input and another one that is exposed.

I hate to admit that I am a 40 retired Electronics Tech and this coach is kicking my butt. I just don't have the time to fool with these things while it's in the storage lot.

I did do a successful upgrade to a fully digital TV antenna system with booster. Amazing difference.

Sudsy
Old 06-21-2018, 08:37 PM   #4
Chuck v

Rclark and Sudsy,

Look at post #5 in this link for a diagram that is typical of AV wiring in these coaches...

http://www.gsowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2614

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 12:02 PM   #5
jamesham

My Gulf Stream motorhome has the park F connector on the rear driver's side by the electric panel and landline telephone connection. The manufacturer ran that cable up to an A/B feed switch in the bottom of the cabinet over the dinette. The roof mounted TV antenna cable also feeds down into bottom of that same cabinet. On mine, there is a hidden recessed switch that turns the antenna amplifier on/off, and also has a slide switch to switch the feed cable to the front-mounted TV set between the roof antenna and the park feed. Find that switch and replace if it does not work. It is a very cheap about $15 switch that does not hold up well in wet damp vibrating environment like an RV.
jamesham is offline   Reply With Quote