Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
Dan_Johnston

Default Camping World Myrtle Beach on 501

Took my BT Cruiser, 2004, to them to fix an electrical problem, my fault. Also had them service the slide out for tad over $100. Got home and my grand kid lost a ball under the slide out, while it was extended. I reached under the opening and retrieved his ball. But also found a round plastic tube, split down the side. No idea what it was until looking further, it was the slide out roller plastic cover. Now if CW serviced the slide out, they would have found the roller was missing the plastic cover and was rubbing metal to metal on the slide. And they never lubed the rollers or even inspected them. I called and explained and only got "humm". What jerks, not even a call back to say they were sorry, just took my money and that the rest was my fault. Oh, Monday was the service, Tuesday was finding the roller. It has been off for long long time.

In summary, I wonder what they did for an oil change and lub I had earlier last month.

Don't use them and you can use my name. No Problem.

dan johnston
2004 BT Cruiser
Dan_Johnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:21 PM   #2
LabCab

Default Re: Camping World Myrtle Beach on 501

My advise. Contact CW Corprate HQ Tell them what went down. I am sure they want to know. Things like this are the crap all these places get away with. With all the PR spent by CW I'm sure they need to know. If we don't squeek like that ungreased wheel it never is attended to. You have first hand experience. CALL 'EM!
Old 07-04-2013, 11:54 AM   #3
jpf

I fully sympathize. Columbia is no better. I had numerous issues with them not 'prepping' my 2005 when I purchased it last month.
All the things that I'd asked to be inspected & serviced were not done. it was however booked in for 8 hours work. someone got 8 hours work and money in their back pocket I'm sure. I was offered a RV Spa the next time I brought it in for servicing, trouble is I have no intention of wasting more money on a half-assed service and they didn't clean it worth a damn the first time.
I purchased from CW because I expected professionalism and good standards. I got lies & BS.
I would suggest going to family businesses (if any still exist).
I think plenty of people squeak, you might even get sympathy from head office. unsatisfied customer are just collateral damage.
jpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #4
Dan_Johnston

I just sent CW email. WE will see what they say. I work for a car company, in PR at their corporate HQ. I know when I'm being jerked around and felt they were treating me like I didn't know my butt from hole in the ground. I hate being liked to more than being cheated out of money.

thanks for your advice.
dan
Dan_Johnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:26 AM   #5
jpf

good luck, I hope some one pays attention.
jpf is offline   Reply With Quote