Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-29-2006, 09:50 PM   #1
lockdoc

Default Our Sedona is here!!!!

Hey all-

I posted in another thread that our new Sedona is arriving.....but we just stopped by the dealer today and it is there! We will be picking it up next Saturday due to time constaints during the week, but it looks good so far!

We hope to be some of the happy GS owners reporting in here and chatting with you! More to come......
Powrachute Powered Parachute Rotax 912 100 HP
lockdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 05:58 AM   #2
justlizz

Thats good news you can now start planning lots of trips
lizz
Old 05-01-2006, 02:41 PM   #3
TSoul

Send a message via Yahoo to TSoul

Congratulations I am sure you will have a wonderful time with it. Welcome to the GSowners forum it nice to hear from you. Happy Camping.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:29 PM   #4
lockdoc

Thanks for the kudos! We pick the Sedona up on Saturday am. I just got the details sent to me with the VIN etc and just found out that our new coach is a 2007 model!!! This has to be one of the first 2007 units off the line!?! I was surprised by that but I think it'll work!lol

We'll have to spend the weekend prepping it for travel!
Old 05-07-2006, 08:06 AM   #5
lockdoc

Hello again-

We have the Sedona home now. Yesterday got to be rather long with the drive time and all the family activities when we got back home so I thought I'd report back to you all this morning. We arrived at the dealership about 20 minutes early so we could off load the TH that we traded. I thought we started off on a left foot when the sales mgr did the walk around of my trade and discovered that I had hail damage on the TH!! Once he pointed it out to me I saw it but I had no clue this was there and all I could think of was that it would blow the deal that we had. In retrospect I think it may give the dealer a chance to own it for less money as they will lay a claim against insurance (mine of course). The rest of that walk around went ok and we were off to the new 5er!

We started their PDI on the Sedona and it went about as I envisioned.. a lot of questions and answers. This dealership makes the tech that did the PDI checklist do the customer walk through.....I liked that idea. We did find one day night shade missing, a couple of things that needed adjusting, the cushions on our couch needed a shave (and one had a pulled thread), and the counter extension had not been added! Now I had gone over most of this list with them the previous week so wasn't real impressed that these hadn't gotten done! The service department surprised me though and really hustled to get the unit ready by the time our paperwork was done. As we had gotten our own financing, our time with the F&I was limited. Most of the items were handled when we walked back outside to the 5er. The cushions on the couch had been replaced (taken from another new unit), a new day night shade had been found and installed, counter extension found and added, and the little things had been adjusted! Now....I'm thinking these guys have it going on and I'm feeling good about them again!

I had the sales mgr give me a teflon disc for the hitch and it gave me fits and wouldn't allow my hitch to lock on the king pin. I tried for several attempts but coudn't make it happen but the first try after removing it my hitch locked like it was supposed to! Are those discs made in different thicknesses? I have the TrailerSaver hitch.....I like it so far!

Once connected and right before putting the truck in drive I decided the responsible thing to do would be to double check the lights before pulling so I flip the switch and do a walk around. Three of my clearance lights are not working! So I wait for the tech who was helping me.....who has now gone on to deliver another unit.....to come back to me and fix my light issue. Now, I could have done this myself and actually helped them to diagnose the resolve......but this unit will be right when I leave the lot.....so wait I must! After a bit I get a second tech over and find out that he is the service manager. Nice guy, knows his stuff, and we work things out together. While he is finishing up resealing the lights, I look under the 5er to discover that I have drips coming from the enclosed belly ! Now I am starting to think that this day could get to be real long!!! After some checking and deductive reasoning I come to the conclusion that this unit has some trapped moisture between the belly pan and the insulation layer due to being pulled here in the rain. They had a couple of access panels cut into the underside and hade oversized pieces of belly material screwed over them to cover them up. This time they were siliconed as well!!

So to make this long post come to an end: We had a fun day with the dealership and they made it right by me by taking care of my issues and concerns. The ball had been dropped there by only one person and that I will have to remember if I need to get anything else done in the future. We towed the Sedona straight to Sam's club and negotiated the busy parking lot to fill it up with goodies. Now we are home and after church I will have to flush and refill the tanks, hook up the electronics......and kick back and watch the neighborhood envy!

I had made a big deal out of this early on so I wanted to give you a follow up report! Happy camping all!
Old 05-07-2006, 08:20 AM   #6
justlizz

Well done and I hope you have many happy camping trips in it
lizz
Old 05-08-2006, 10:54 AM   #7
CampWinican

Gotta love those PDIs!
CampWinican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 12:54 PM   #8
scottc79

Default fellow sedona owner

We love ours and are planing alot of trips this year in our 34frbw The only thing i will say about the 34frbw is that pictures do not do it justice this thing is huge but will give me a reason to get a bigger truck.
scottc79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 06:43 AM   #9
Dean Nix

Lockdoc,

congrats on the Sedona! I hope you have many happy trips.
'01 F250 C/C, Lariat, LWB, V-10 and 4.3 rear
That's 22' of truck
Last RV was a Class-a Cheiftain
Dean Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:07 AM   #10
lockdoc

Thank you for the kind replies!

We are getting a lot of use out of the Sedona already and it hasn't left the yard. We are using it as the entertainment room for now. We take it on the road for our first overnighter tommorrow.

Thanks again...........happy roads to all.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:36 PM   #11
Timothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockdoc

We are getting a lot of use out of the Sedona already and it hasn't left the yard. We are using it as the entertainment room for now. We take it on the road for our first overnighter tommorrow.

We are going for our first weekend trip this weekend too, Heading over to Jellystone park at Warrens WI. Ever been there? I see a lot of Minnesotans camping there last time we stayed.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:47 PM   #12
lockdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy
Quote:

We are going for our first weekend trip this weekend too, Heading over to Jellystone park at Warrens WI. Ever been there? I see a lot of Minnesotans camping there last time we stayed.

Never been there......YET! lol lots of places to see! Gotta get the wifey on the same page.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:02 PM   #13
Timothy

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy
Quote:

Never been there......YET! lol lots of places to see! Gotta get the wifey on the same page.
It's kind of expensive but your kid(s) would love it, water park is included with the camping fee and there is tons of stuff to do. Check it out at
http://www.jellystonewarrens.com/