Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-17-2011, 03:17 PM   #1
B44D

Default repeated power failure

I have mentioned this before, but am starting a new topic to see if anyone else is experiencing my problem. I have a 2009 SN 6373, with air-ride. At 5,444 miles, it lost power and was towed in. Turbo and injector work. At 6,235 miles, lost power. Sat for 2 hours ran fine for 2 hours, lost power. Limped into shop. Dirty fuel, rust etc. Started using Stanadyne fuel treatment. At 6,759 miles, running rough, vibration under power. Back to shop, dirty fuel filters (algae), replaced rusty filler necks. Got pissed off, bought a new RV, trying to sell this one. Possible buyer takes out for the weekend. At 7,000+ miles. Loses power, towed in and there she sits... They tell me I need a $1500 fuel filter system, I need to run once a week, etc.

Any similar stories? I am going to see what International will do. I think I have a LEMON!
B44D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:46 PM   #2
Texas TC

Default Re: repeated power failure

I had the engine stopping issue several years ago. International cleaned the turbo and I have not had any issues since. That was probably 30,000 miles back. Mine sits sometimes three months without being started and when I start it, it always seems to run fine.

I have had four issues with the International side of my coach since it was new. First was replacing the emergency brake. Second was the running issue I just mentioned. Third, the pickup tubes in the tanks were cut too short and International lengthened them for me. And fourth was a bad glow plug sensor. International took care of all the issues except the glow plug sensor. I was out of warranty and had to turn it in to my extended warranty company.

It does seem you may have a problem unit and I hope International works with you on some recourse. Man, I am sure sorry it did not work out for you. I really love my coach. I just wish I got to use it more. I am at a bit over 46,000 miles now and it seems to run better every time I drive it.

Good luck,

TxTC

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote