Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-10-2017, 06:28 AM   #1
rvdreams

Default Maintenance/Repair Manual

We recently purchased a 2002 Friendship Quattro 8408. We cannot seem to find any Coach specific Maintenance/Repair Manual for it. I noticed older forums stating there were none. Have there been any changes? If not, what does everyone use for a manual?

We are thankful we got I good deal on this coach as we are finding a large number of problems not seen in the walk through. I suppose that is normal with any used rig, especially 15 years old. All in all she is in good shape; it's the little things here and there that seem to add up. Most of it we believe is caused by too many peoples hands being in it that didn't know what they were doing?
rvdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 04:41 PM   #2
RayChez1

Default Re: Maintenance/Repair Manual

Well, I have manuals that come with my coach when I bought it brand new in 4-03. Just about every appliance that is in the coach, and the chassis manuals which includes a Caterpillar maintenance, Allison 3000 manual plus many more.

Personally the only thing I have looked up on the manuals are when to maintain oil changes and document when I do them. That way I know that oil changes have to be done by certain amount of miles or one year which ever comes first.

I also had a problem with a limit switch on my Suburban furnace. Found the problem and got it fixed. Other then that the coach has been pretty good so far. Hope it stays that way.

I have noticed that if you use the coach a lot, you have less problems then when you let them set for long periods at a time.

Congrats on your new coach, the Friendship is a nice coach. You got to remember that any coach, any brand high end or low end needs some up keep. They are just like a house on wheels which bounces around on rough highways and things do get lose and need attention every so often. That is just part of RVing.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote