Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-10-2013, 08:01 AM   #21
03heritagerider

Default Re: Find water heater on/off switch on '04 GS G7

By-pass would be on the water manifold panel. Mine is in a compartment toward the rear on the passenger's side. It is where the fresh water pump and handle to switch between city water and tank water are located.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:45 AM   #22
RayChez1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03heritagerider
By-pass would be on the water manifold panel. Mine is in a compartment toward the rear on the passenger's side. It is where the fresh water pump and handle to switch between city water and tank water are located.

I was wondering where the bypass valve was that you guys were talking about. I have a ball valve on the manifold, but all that does is either you have direct city water or if you flip the handle it fills the water tank up. But that valve has nothing to do with the hot water heater on my coach anyways.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:49 AM   #23
RayChez1

If you have hot water on the outside shower and none on the inside shower THEN you must have an obstruction at the off/on valve on the shower. Maybe something that had built up in the hot water heater broke lose and is blocking the shower valve from opening all the way. Take the hot water faucet off in the shower and check for an obstruction.

Have you got hot water in the kitchen sink and the lavatory in the bathroom?
Aventa II Blue Ox
Old 04-12-2013, 08:25 AM   #24
GStream40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayChez
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03heritagerider

I was wondering where the bypass valve was that you guys were talking about. I have a ball valve on the manifold, but all that does is either you have direct city water or if you flip the handle it fills the water tank up. But that valve has nothing to do with the hot water heater on my coach anyways.
Ray, On some models of the GS motorhomes there is a water manifold that has distribution valves on it for hot and cold water valves to all the different components for the coach.
I will see if I have a picture of it and post it here. If I don't I will go to the storage lot where my MH is a take a picture of it and post it.

That way everyone will know what we are talking about.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:37 AM   #25
trblmakr

Okay - sorry I was mistaken. We did not have HOT water to the outside shower - only luke warm - same as the inside shower & sinks. However, GOOD news I found on another post about winterizing and turning the #9 hot water heater valves on and off. That did it. It was turned the wrong way - totally backwards from what we thought. This was new to us and it took us a while to figure it out. This site has been most helpful and Im sure we will be coming back to it often. We are now dealing with set up our satellite system & tv's. Changing from Directv to Dish - may need advice on this too
Thank you!
trblmakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #26
03heritagerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayChez
I was wondering where the bypass valve was that you guys were talking about. I have a ball valve on the manifold,
Mine is in the same compartment as the ball valve you mentioned. I'll post a photo later today.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #27
GStream40
Site Team

Okay here's the picture of the Water Manifold.

To By-Pass the hot water heater, turn #9 cold off and #9 hot on

To have hot water, turn #9 cold on and #9 hot off

I know that sounds backwards so that you can have hot water, but that is the way it works. I added a note to my instructions after the first time I had mine set wrong.
If you leave the #9 hot on, you will only get warm water.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:22 PM   #28
03heritagerider

That's what mine looks like...and same instructions to by-pass.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #29
RayChez1

Yep! I got the same manifold but I have never turned any of those valves off or on. I thought those valves were in case you had a water leak somewhere you could cut the flow of water to that particular line until it was repaired.

Here in southern California it does not get cold enough to winterize the water lines, and we use the coach year round.
Aventa II Blue Ox
Old 04-13-2013, 07:05 PM   #30
03heritagerider

Ray,

Lucky you! Unfortunately, here in Western Pennsylvania, I have to winterize. Even more unfortunately, I do it in late September or early October. Then, at the end of December, we're usually headed somewhere warm and I have to undo it all. One year, since we were leaving on December 1st, I just made sure I had enough propane and left the furnaces on at 45°. I forgot to turn the water to the ice maker off at the manifold. Since the water line is in the vented compartment behind the fridge, it's exposed to the weather. The pump to the ice maker burst!

Saw the photo on the other thread...nice rig!

Noticed you were in Barstow. We spent a winter (2010-2011) in Ventura. Drove right through Barstow on our way to visit family in Vegas.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #31
RayChez1

I bought that Scenic Cruiser new in April 03, and it has been an excellent coach. In ten years that I have had it the only problem I had that was serious was the Huei pump went out on the Caterpillar engine right after I fueled up at the Flying J. I was driving from San Diego and I stopped to fill my coach in Barstow because I always like to have it full of fuel, ready to go at any time. I drove about a block an it just stopped. Good thing the Caterpillar shop was just about a mile away and I called Coachnet, they loaded it on a flat bed and hauled it away. Good thing I had extended warranty. That pump installed wash $3400. I just paid a fifty dollar co payment. Other then that it has been trouble free.

But I do stay on top of things as far as to maintaining the coach. I lube the chassis, change the oil and filters on the engine, change fluid on transmission. Check belts all the time, but they still look good. I still enjoy working on the simple stuff. Getting up in age now at seventy, so I have slowed down some. I am working on my boat now getting ready for the warm weather.
Aventa II Blue Ox