Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-30-2015, 03:54 AM   #41
Lillian

Default Re: Scenic Cruiser owners

The curtain drapes will be your best choice,you can go to www.raykevent.com get more details
Lillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 07:32 AM   #42
Towboy

Ray I still have my 2006 Scenic Cruiser 41' 400 cummins bought it used in 2011 with 23k 1 owner. Fixed many issues with the coach Norcold 1200 needed a new cooling unit. Noticed black soot in the rear closet found cylinder # 3 had a bad exhaust gasket, issue had to be since new as Freightliner had to remove 1 of the 2 bolts holding the exhaust manifold on to add a bracket for the air intake crossover pipe don't think they ever retightened the bolt as it was hand tight. Replaced all the carpet. Removed the existing ceramic tile in the kitchen area and retiled with porcelin from the front to the rear bedroom. Hydraulic leak at the top fitting on the pump that powers the engine cooling fan and power steering that was a pain in the butt!!. Changed micro/convection oven inverter went bad. lucky I could do all the work myself or it would have cost a ton of money. Put 6 new tires and front shocks added dyna beads in tires runs 75 with no shimmy at all. After all the work I still love the coach, 49k on odometer now.

John
Old 04-04-2015, 12:31 PM   #43
RayChez1

I had more things that needed adjustment when it was new. When I bought the coach brand new I noticed one of the levelers had a oil leak. I think all it needed was to tighten a compression nut, but the dealer said to change it out since it was under warranty. I also made some modifications inside the coach like putting drawers on a couple of cabinets that were just one big box. So my wife needed drawers and I installed two drawers on that one. Then there was this small closet on top of the washer dryer and I installed six drawers on that one. They come out perfect since I matched the walnut wood perfect.

Now on the engine which is a Cat engine I had a Huei pump go bad according to the shop that fixed it, even though I do not believe that was the problem because it was kind of strange that I had just driven several hundred miles and the coach was running perfect. I stopped to fuel at Flying J in Barstow, Ca. I started driving out and it stopped about a mile down the road. I still think that I might have gotten bad fuel and the filter had plugged up. But I did not have an extra fuel filter with me so I called Coach Net and they took it to a diesel shop where they said it was the Huei pump. Good thing I had extended warranty because total cost was $3400. It only cost me fifty dollar deductable.

Then it went for about eight years without any problems what so ever until last year. I noticed the engine was making a sound like a exhaust leak. My friend got under the coach and he said that it did have soot markings on the exhaust manifold. So I took it to Freightliner in Las Vegas to change the gasket out. Only problem when you take your coach to a big shop like that they can tell you many things that might not be true, and they did. They told me that because of the leak, that the manifold had to be changed out because they warp. Well! I did not believe that either, but I was at their mercy. So they installed a brand new three piece manifold. And since it was already their I told them to change out the air dryer filters. Total cost was $2200.00. So yes these coaches do require up keep and when they break down, they are expensive.

But over all in twelve years that I have being driving this coach, it has been a pretty good coach.

One thing that I did discover to make this coach have all kinds of power was to change the air filter I was using which was a Napa Wix air filter. Now I order my air filters through the internet from Racor, and man I can not believe how much more power it has climbing long grades.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:48 PM   #44
RayHarkness

they do need LOTS AND LOTS OF AIR for those diesel engines. I got in a rain storm..and started sucking the sheeting rain coming off the roof, into that air intake for the engine, up on the back...by the camera...started spewing white smoke, and coughing. I got off, and stopped...talked to a local diesel repair operation, and they said DON"T SHUT IT OFF....so we let it run...it just worked its way out.

I got some bad fuel once, NEVER AGAIN. I only get fuel where the trucks are going, and using LOTS of fuel. Flying J of course is usually good. HIgh quality. If you see a lot of trucks fueling up, you know its good, because they do NOT want to be down for anytime...word gets out bad fuel, and they will spread that word even more. I routinely check my valve on the bottom of my fuel filter, to check for any water in it. So far so good...

Your right, they ain't cheap to run, but when they run good...they run good!!!
I have 35,000 on our coach now..it isn't even broken in! Cummins ISC engine.
would have liked Cat, but it is what it is...

I have had the front end aligned, felt a pulling to the right..what a difference..its like a sports car!
RayHarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 10:49 AM   #45
Flipman

Well, we just got back from our maiden voyage in our coach...went to Sturgis, SD, about 1450 miles round trip, and had no mechanical problems at all! Fuel mileage I'm estimating around 9mpg, I can't fill the tank full, because it leaks out of an air vent line, I'm thinking! Our coach ran great...good power on hills, ran it from 65-75mph with no problems! We did have 3 fresh water leaks, I fixed them while we were there.(This coach was stored for 10years in an rv barn, so I knew things would be loose, etc.)

We're very happy with our Scenic Cruiser!
Flipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:32 PM   #46
WV1995ScenicCruz

I have a 1995 Scenic Cruiser 8340. I have a problem with the parking brake as it has failed to hold the last time we moved it. (we summer on the Ohio River in a garage we have for the coach). I am concerned that there is a major problem but the regular brakes appear to hold ok. any ideas?

Also, hd a rea leak at the rear seam that needs attention, has anyone taken off the rear fascia? ho hard is it to remove?

thanks for your help
WV1995ScenicCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 08:29 AM   #47
RonKash

I have a 2000 Scenic Cruiser diesel. I had to remove the 3 / 12 volt batteries. I have 3 heavy gauge cables on the top shelf. 1 cable has connections for 2 batteries to be connected in parallel. Are both of the other 2 cables connected to the other 12 volt battery ?
Yes I took them out several months ago to replace and thought I was smart enough to put them back without taking a picture.
RonKash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:02 AM   #48
RonKash

Default Re: Scenic Cruiser owners HELP

I have a 2000 diesel Pusher.
The Spartan Chassis came with 2-12 volt batteries...I have 3 ( 1 must have been added by Gulfstream).
There are 3 heavy gage cables in the battery tray. 1 cable connects to the two 12 volt batteries.
My question is which batteries do the other two cables connect to?
Old 10-25-2015, 11:05 AM   #49
RayHarkness

OH dear...I am not much help here. I have 4 house batteries, and 2 engine batteries.
My chassis is a Freigntliner, and I think Spartan may be different.

I would keep posting, and see if somebody has similar..somebody must have same set up and be able to help.
Be VERY careful with those cables.....hooking them wrong can cause explosion...and damage to the coach electrical system.

I learned early, I take tons of pictures of anything...then print them off before I do the actual job. I actually have photo of those in plastic cover, glues on the door..for constant review..as I AM getting older and more confused everyday!!

Keep posting..somebody must have a similar setup...wish I could help..Ray

OH..on thing you might consider, is go to an Interstate Battery (Factory) dealer in your immediate area. They are pretty good at that stuff and work on it all the time.
I keep a good relationship with them!
RayHarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:38 PM   #50
Chick1995

My wife and I bought a 1995 gulfstream scenic cruiser one week before memorial weekend . It needs tlc and updating . Which we plan on doing . We are going with a mild idustrial look inside
Chick1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 11:51 AM   #51
RonKash

Default Scenic Cruiser

July 2017
Any owners here ? I have a 2000 Scenic Cruiser. It has been in storage for 2 years due to a roof leak. I am about to tackle that job. Has anyone had experience with that?
Old 07-26-2017, 11:53 AM   #52
RonKash

Are you still active on the forum Ray
Old 08-01-2017, 03:13 PM   #53
Belize2000

Default Scenic Cruiser

Hello I am a Scenic Cruiser owner and can help out in many ways I do all my own installations and repairs(!)
Right now I am in need of knowing where a couple wires go coming out of the ceiling to the AC the G1E and that DAF wires which were tied into the old electric box kit two BLU 14 gage wires (furnace wires)?
Belize2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:04 PM   #54
Shellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth View Post

Now we have a water leak, looks like around slide out. Do you know the brand of slide out in our motorhome? It is at an RV dealer for new seals on slide out and slide out adjustment.

Expected to have to put some money in it at its age but we are very satisfied. People also express to us how it doesn't look that old. Beautiful white interior. Satellite TV. Very comfortable. Engine and transmission and brakes were checked out and found to be good.

Anxious to keep up with other scenic cruiser owners.
We bought a 1997 Sceneic Cruiser last year and have used the heck out of it. However, we seem to be having alignment issues with our slide out now. Did you ever find out the brand of the slideout in your motorhome?
Shellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:11 AM   #55
hallrg

I just bought a 1995 scenic cruiser. Would love to talk to other owners.
hallrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 04:33 PM   #56
CoachStreamr

I'm watching this thread now to.

1996 DP

1995 36' Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser (Model #8360) on 1995 Spartan EC-2442 Chassis w/Air Ride | Cummins B5.9L 12V 230hp | Allison MD3060 6-Speed WTEC II
CoachStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 06:18 PM   #57
hallrg

Coach streamr. Good to see you. Can you tell me what fuel filters are used for engine. I am going to do my 1st oil change and I would like to change fuel filters while I’m dirty.

Can anyone tell me if changing transmission fluid is a do it your self job? Never worked on Diesel engine before.
hallrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 12:52 PM   #58
rstekeur

Default Thinking about buying a 1999 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser

My wife and I are thinking about buying a 1999 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser. This will be our first RV of any kind so were new to all this. any warnings or recommendations?
rstekeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 02:44 PM   #59
alflyn

Default new 04 scenic cruiser owner... new rv er

how many ac units, mine has 3 but only 2 operate by the thermostat, are all 3 suppose to be cor cooling??/
alflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 10:43 AM   #60
Gonzopr1

Default New Scenic Cruiser Owner

Hello, we just bought a 2000 SC 8361. I was looking for forums about it and found this. I hope that it continues since it looks like it started back in ‘05.

On my way home I noticed a few issues. The parking brake light started flickering and now it stays on. I guess it is the switch and I also guess that it is under the parking brake release button. I also noticed that the cruise control do not work when I turn the headlights on. Is this a safety feature? When I got home I noticed a hydraulic leak behind the radiator. Is coming from a 1” line, is there an oil cooler on these?
It makes me mad because I checked the coach before buying and it did not show any of these signs. I am more worry about the leak than anything. Anyways, hope to hear from other GS scenic cruiser owners. Thanks
Gonzopr1 is offline   Reply With Quote