Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-04-2016, 08:46 AM   #1
Vito

Default New owner in a few days

In two days I pick up my new Vintage 19 foot travel trailer and I'm really excited. I'm hoping that this forum is useful and informative for me, but I do see that it is not very active (maybe I can help with that). Previously I owned a T@b teardrop trailer. The quality was outstanding, but it was just too small. We met a Vista owner on the road, who also had previously owned a T@b, and she convinced us to take a look at the Vista. We bought a Vintage model instead of the Vista because the interior colors available on the Vista were just too brown for us, and we fell in love with the red and white colors on the Vintage. We're hoping that this travel trailer gives us what we lacked in the T@b, particularly a bed separate from the dinette table with side access on both sides, a real bed rather than just some laid out 4-inch foam cushions (too rough on this old back of mine), a larger shower, a larger frig, much more storage capability and just some living and moving around space for two people. We had to get a new tow vehicle as our old T@b could be pulled by our Subaru Outback, but we now have a new Dodge Durango which with a 6,200 pound towing capacity should be more than enough for the Vintage, even going over mountains (I hope). Hopefully we will get a good walk through and inspection when we pick up the new trailer, and I will be sure to check on some of the things I've already read about on the forum, such as leaks in the shower and a failed water pump. Comments and suggestions would be more than welcome as I join the Gulfstream family.
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 09:29 AM   #2
jayrock

Default Re: New owner in a few days

Congratulations, we have the Vias 19rsd but would love to move into the vintage, but with 3 kids, it is just not going to happen.

We tow with our 2012 Ford Explorer.
jayrock is offline   Reply With Quote