Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-17-2010, 02:50 PM   #1
TNTraveler

Default How do you store your RV in the summer time

In between trips during the hot summer how do you store your RV? I know that it could get hot inside a closed RV and was wondering how the other RV's store their units. Trying to get some idea how to store mine. The weather is somewhat cool in the evening now and am just using my vents for a cross breeze. But the weather will get up into the 90's in a few weeks and would like some idea of what to do. Do you use the AC or just a fan and cross ventilation? What is your standard between trips?
Having fun traveling.
TNTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:13 AM   #2
larrybell

I just use the two vent fans to cool the unit down in the summer. I do not have a power cord large enough to run the AC units. It would take at least a 30 amp service, and I only have 15 amps available.

I have not run the fans this spring because the pollen in our area of Tennessee has been real thick.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:28 AM   #3
TNTraveler

Thanks for the reply. Especially since I also live in TN not far from you. The pollen around our area has been thick also. The vehicles are covered with it. Have to rinse them almost ever other day. So you find just using the vent fans work OK here in TN. I also cannot use my AC unit. Was thinking of placing fan inside the unit on low and opening the 3 vents to keep the air circulating. I just installed rain guards over the vents so wont have to worry about the weather to much.
Having fun traveling.
TNTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:39 PM   #4
Jim_PEI

Ha, quite the opposite up here in Canada, concerns are in the winter with the cold. I just pulled my new motorhome out of storage today. Start living in the motorhome May 15 for six months and then back in storage.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:10 AM   #5
David Bott

We built a storage garage for it with full power. You asked. It was mostly built for the winter storage but we now travel in the winter, so it was used for one winter. However, when we are home it is stored in it as we do have a lot of trees that could also make for issues if the coach is not protected.
MBE900 Diesel (Mercedes)
08' Saturn Outlook Toad
"To Boldly Go...Because We Can!"
https://www.OutsideOurBubble.com
David Bott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:51 PM   #6
RayChez1

We use our coach more in the summer, but when we are home for a few weeks my coach is parked on its own driveway right next to my house. So I run a heavy duty cord and I place a ocillating fan inside the coach. I also open the two vents in the bathroom area and one slide window on the side facing the house. I have had my coach now for seven years and it seems to work for us. I also keep the refrigerator working all the time. But like I said we use our coach at least six months out of the year off and on, winter or summer.
We are at Palm Springs, Ca. right now and it has been great weather. But we will be leaving in about another week and we will start working our way up the coach towards Washington. Hit all the 1000trails sites that are right next to the beaches. Makes for a nice cool summer.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote