Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #1
Koop

Default New to Gulfstream

Actually new to the world of RVs. We take delivery of a "new to us" 2003 Sun Voyager tomorrow, our first motorhome. 8351 floor plan, W22, 36'8". The floor plan really suits us and I'm impressed with the driveability of the W22. I don't have much experience with these, but I have taken many test drives during our search for a motorhome. The interior quality seems better than most of the coaches we've looked at in our price range - and Donna really likes the idea of having a washer/dryer and dishwasher. Not to mention the oversize bathroom accomodations.

I wish this site had more activity, there seems to be some Gulfstream haters on some of the other sites.
https://www.flyingthekoop.com
Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:26 AM   #2
03heritagerider

Default Re: New to Gulfstream

Hey Mike,

Welcome to the forum and the RV world. Congratulations on your new rig. I hope you have a million miles and as many memories from your travels. The washer/dryer was a big reason we traded our old one in on this unit (going from 0 to 4 slide-outs didn't hurt either).

Sometime there are periods of quiet on this forum, but if you have a question, you will get an answer (probably several). There isn't as much chit-chat as on other sites, but the advice and support you get is amazing.

I have learned so much from the folks on here in the decade we have owned our Gulfstream. I have fixed issues and made repairs solely on the guidance of other Gulfstream owners. Scroll through the forum topics, or click on the name of a long time member who has many posts; read a few of the discussions and you'll see what I mean.

Yeah, there are some out there that don't like GS, but it's like any other thing...there are those who love 'em and those who don't (did you ever talk about cars and experience the Ford vs GM vs Mopar thing? It's like trying to get a democrat and republican to play nice )

Anyway, if you have a question about anything, just post it! You will get a response, with some solid guidance.

Good luck and safe travels!
Old 12-08-2012, 11:00 AM   #3
Koop

Thanks for the response and advice. I'll definitely spend time on this forum.
https://www.flyingthekoop.com
Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:03 PM   #4
Tigerham

Hello and I hope you are all well my friends. ~

I am new to this motorhome scene and am on the verge of purchasing a beautiful 1998 Sun Voyager. The only problem with it if any is that it will be needing a new set of front suspension air bags so I was wondering if anyone could help at all with this?

My name's Ham by the way, a pleasure I'm sure. ~

P.s. I am based in the UK at the moment but the Sun Voyager I am getting is in Spain and I will be driving it back to the UK soon after.
Tigerham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #5
RayChez1

I have one question about the coach you have. Is this coach a diesel pusher? If so then all you have to do is crawl under the coach and get the air bag part number and manufacturer if you can see one, then get into Goggle and look it up. You should be able to goggle one up. Most of these air bags are used on big trucks and the trailers.

But if it is a gasoline Sun Voyager, then you are talking about a completely different kind of air bag. Those for gasoline type chassis and I had one before are more for giving load lift capabilities rather then air ride like the diesels. I had some manufactured by Firestone on the rear to give the rear end lift. Put about 90lbs of air and it works wonders. Never needed them in the front though.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:46 AM   #6
LogansPapa

I have a 2003 Sun Voyager with 28,000 on it now after 10 years. First of all there has been a recall on the defective bosch breaks, their defective and will lock up. Also is you have original shocks on those they have also had a recall on them on the W22 Workhorse. Tires need to be replaced every 5 years no matter how new they looks or your looking for trouble. If you have a 2003 Sun Voyager I'd love to share repair problems and fixes with you... Send me your email address..
LogansPapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:46 AM   #7
LogansPapa

I have a 2003 Sun Voyager with 28,000 on it now after 10 years. First of all there has been a recall on the defective bosch breaks, their defective and will lock up. Also is you have original shocks on those they have also had a recall on them on the W22 Workhorse. Tires need to be replaced every 5 years no matter how new they looks or your looking for trouble. If you have a 2003 Sun Voyager I'd love to share repair problems and fixes with you... Send me your email address..
LogansPapa is offline   Reply With Quote