Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-05-2019, 04:04 PM   #1
tmax247

Default Bathroom Remodel

We have a 2004 Gulfstream Conquest Endura - kind of the original Super C. On a Chevy 5500 chasis. Pretty happy with it except that its 35' outside and really has no more room than any other camper/motorhome especially when it comes to the bathroom. I want to remove part of the bathroom wall that is between the toilet and the hallway and put another door there so we would have 2 doors that latch together. Thus giving us privacy to dress in the hallway and more room around the toilet. Any ideas?

I know that interior walls are not bearing walls, but may have a lot to do with the flexing of the rv. Does anyone know about this rv exactly.
tmax247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 08:19 AM   #2
Frutza

I don't know your floor plan, open the wall and take a look, they don't put heavy studs in the walls but I have beefed up certain walls like when I wanted to hang a tv I added 2x2's in the wall then just put the panel back on, in moving a wall or adding a door I would think the hardest part would be securing to the ceiling