Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-23-2008, 07:46 AM   #1
Curt Krueger

Default Slide out Information

I have a 2005 Crescendo triple slide and have been having some problems with the kitchen slide alignment. Does anyone know who the Mfgr, is and is there any info on the site about adjustments?

The slide seems to be lower to the floor than when new and is rubbing on the carpet and linoleum. How does one raise this up?

Thanking you in advance.

Curt
Old 08-23-2008, 08:42 AM   #2
larrybell

Default Slide Out

Curt,

My 2002 Sun Voyager has Dewalt (PowerGear) silde outs. Their website has instructions on the slide outs and hydraulic units. Maybe you can give it a try. If the slide is not a Dewalt, try the name on your control panel. Good Luck.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:50 PM   #3
rdlamb

Hi Curt:

Guessing that your slides are similar to my TM, check the following.

Where the slide meets the coach floor, there is a long nylon "slider". I took mine to the dealer, where under warranty, he had to adjust the pitch. I got to look at the slide at that time and the pitch adjustment was done by adding washers at strategic points.

Later, when I tore out all the carpet and put in laminate flooring, I re-adjusted the nylon slide myself. Amazing what a cheap 4' level and some care to make sure the nylon slider is level can do to the smooth operation of the slide.

On the outside of the coach, where the slide rails are located, are tension screws that you can tighten, if you are careful. Over tighten the tensioners and your slide will catch.

The site for the slides, as well as the leveling system is:

www.powergearus.com

Gnarly toad to scoot around.
Geocaching, hiking, fishing, National Parks, Civil War sites.
rdlamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 03:59 PM   #4
bob3nliz

Send a message via Yahoo to bob3nliz
Default maybe you have

Curt, I saw hard rubber rollers from the inside under slide with an adj. bolt above roller. maybe you have them too. Bob
bob3nliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:09 PM   #5
Curt Krueger

Default Slide out Information

Larry,rd and bob,

I have looked closer at the slide and have found a rubber roller located under the sink cabinet, now this is the location of the mark left in the flooring. I assume that this roller takes up the bending of this slide as it located almost exactly in the middle of the slide which is approx. 15 feet long. Now this is the kitchen slide which included the weight of the refer also. I guess the nylon pads must be located under the refer on one end and under the sofa under the other. I can not seem to locate these pads, I guess I would be interested in how to locate them. In addition to marking up the floor I am seeing my carpeting starting to wear because the slide appears to be sitting lower on the sofa end also.

I can't tell how much it helps to have all of you giving valuable information on this problem.

Thank you,

Curt
Old 08-25-2008, 03:33 PM   #6
bob3nliz

Send a message via Yahoo to bob3nliz
Default slide adj.

Curt, My kitchen slide has two adj. rollers and is only 7 feet wide. I have the 8357I. I'm not sure about the nylon pads. Sorry I could'nt be more help. Bob
bob3nliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:45 PM   #7
rdlamb

Curt:
Also, along with the slide maintenance, you need to use a dry-lube on the slide's support bars. This cuts the friction and eases the slide's action.

Gnarly toad to scoot around.
Geocaching, hiking, fishing, National Parks, Civil War sites.
rdlamb is offline   Reply With Quote