Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-03-2013, 01:52 PM   #1
RayChez1

Default Maintenance on Coach

Since I got back home from my month long trip I decided it was a good time to inspect and repair anything that looked like problems up ahead. So I crawled under the coach, engine part and I noticed on my Caterpillar engine passenger side that the CAC hose had been rubbing against an angle iron sharp edge from the frame of the battery compartment. It was showing some damage so I decided to buy a new CAC hose $174.00 through Freightliner of Fontana. It is a huge hose at 4.5" on the CAC end and 3.5" on the engine end, 35" long. Never in my life time had I ever changed one of them things and I was a little concerned. I did not know that there is nothing inside that hose. I thought it had coolant. To my surprise when I made a hole to drain what ever was inside, I found out that it actually is only a duct hose for the turbo to circulate the air at high speed through the CAC and to the turbo to cool it off.
It was a piece of cake to change it out.

While I was under the coach I also checked for rust on electrical connections. I sprayed every bolt that I saw that had a little rust with silicone lubricant. Everything else looked good, so then I got on top of the coach.

While on top I noticed that the shrouds on the air conditioners had some cracks where the screws are to secure them. So I ordered two shrouds through Amazon to replace them. One come in already and replaced it, waiting on the second shroud.

As I mentioned on another thread, I also replaced the awning topper on the big slide. Checked the roof real good and everything else looked good. Getting ready for our next trip to the balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque. N. M. in October, then back to Laughlin where we will meet with the RV club and caravan to Death Valley in the later part of October.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote