Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-31-2006, 10:24 AM   #1
Retird2Golf

Send a message via MSN to Retird2Golf
Default From a prospective GSC buyer

I received this via e-mail. I'm sure Tom would appreciate all information.

I am taking this liberty to write to you as I found the GS page. My wife and I are retiring and will be full time RVer for who knows how long. For months I have been looking at Rv/s, researching and becoming more and more confused at times. Well, I think we are going to purches a 2003 GS Sunvoyger with 2 slide outs, 36foot 50amp service. Is there anything I should be aware of when going to look at the unit next week that is unique to Gulf Stream? This is a major investment and I want to try and make a good choice. Thanks for any help you can give me. Tom Medlin Texas city TExas.

My reply,

Tom, nice to hear from you. GulfStream is a very good coach. On any used coach be sure to take your time and check everything, if it has service records, great. That usually means the previous owner has taken care of it.

Back to the Gulfstream. A 2003 is (probably) out of warrantee so be sure you: Drive it, not just around the block, hit the hiway. Sometimes the Ford F-53 Chassis can be soft, look under for added Trac Bars, new Shocks and such.
Check all basement compartments, especially the sewer and water and the HYDRALICSTHAT OPERATE THE SLIDES. Have the dealer service the generator,and check the voltage output.

GulfStream does a good job on finishing the interior. I am very happy with my 2004 that I bought Used. I have added Firestone Air Ride and that made a big difference.

Check out www.gsowners.com and read the posts. Then go to www.irv2.com they cover some of the other Brand Coaches and the problems they have.

Good Luck in your shopping, Have fun, and Buy Smart !!

Best Regards, Clyde (Retird2Golf)

Try the New Chat Room for GulfStreamOwners, every nite at 8pm EDT

http://groups.msn.com/GulfStreamOwnersForum
Old 08-31-2006, 11:57 AM   #2
GStream40
Site Team

Good Job!!!

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 01:08 PM   #3
Retird2Golf

Send a message via MSN to Retird2Golf