Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-02-2018, 07:44 PM   #1
Tinadelores

Default Phone Jack's?

I'm new at this just bought Gulfstream Class A my question is why doesn't have phone jacks in it?
Tinadelores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 08:03 PM   #2
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinadelores View Post
I'm new at this just bought Gulfstream Class A my question is why doesn't have phone jacks in it?

What Year? What model?

Mine has phone jacks. it's an 05.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:44 AM   #3
Tinadelores

1996 tourmaster
Tinadelores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 10:03 AM   #4
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinadelores View Post
1996 tourmaster

Phone jacks were an option. My coach has the option. I don't know why anyone would need phone jacks in an RV anymore with cell phones being so prevalent. If you need a phone line in the coach just run a wire through one of the slide room seams nearest to where you need it.
Old 12-09-2021, 04:09 PM   #5
Oldflyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry111 View Post
The SureCall worked much better than expected and boosted a very weak signal to LTE on Verizon. We camp a lot and while deep in National Park, it won't get a signal, we have been pleased with getting enough service in most places to be able to at least text or call someone. Our first unit got zapped in a power overload, and we could tell this cell phone booster was missing. Glad to have it back. Worth the investment to have cell service while traveling.

Just curious, what has your response to do with phone jack being installed or not?
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Haltom City, TX
Oldflyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 07:41 AM   #6
Henry111

I installed the weBoost device in my cabin within the woods. I could barely get a sign, kept missing calls, and data was fairly limited to 3G speeds. After installing this booster I now get 23 bars and LTE consistently. 56 MBit/s data within the forest. Great! it absolutely was incredibly easy to put in and I mounted my outdoor antennas on a 10ft pole, very easy.
Henry111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 08:29 AM   #7
Bike Dr

Unfortunately staying up with the times is a challenge when you have an older coach. I have an 05 also and it has many phone Jack's. But nothing else in it was up to date but if you are willing to get a little crafty you can update everything. We have and now have all the new gadgets. Phone, satellite option, hdmi 4k uhd on 3 tvs, Navi, Google. You name it all hands free now and as I mentioned we have an 05 8410 Atruim updated at a fraction of what it would cost to have it all done..
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 09:32 AM   #8
Chuck v

My 2007 Tour Master had phone jacks...the shore connection to that network was in the same basement bay as the power cord and cable connections. It never got used for telephone, but I did have DSL internet at my RV park slip for the two years+ that I lived in it full time while working in an adjacent state to the one where we purchased or present home.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote