Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-08-2017, 01:07 PM   #1
Old Fat Guy

Default How are GS Sun Voyager floors constructed?

We have a 2006 Sun Voyager 8368 that has a soft spot in the bedroom floor. This was undoubtedly caused by a side window that was leaking (now repaired). I have researched as much as I can about repairing soft floors but have not found anything that actually describes the construction of the Gulfstream floor. Repair methods vary based on floor construction. Seems the two basic types of floor are the thin plywood sandwiched styrofoam panels laid on top of the membrane, or the thicker OSB wood sheets laid over the membrane. Can anybody tell me or, even better, provide pictures that show how Gulfstream constructed the floor in this vehicle? YouTube has a wealth of information on how to repair soft floors but I want an idea of what I'll be dealing with before I start to dismantle it so I can have the necessary materials on hand. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old Fat Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 10:36 PM   #2
Chuck v

For my Tour Master, under the carpet is carpet pad followed by "Seamless Structurewood Floor Decking laminated to the Steel Floor Structure" As I read the diagrams, this Steel structure had foam insulation laid into the cavities and there is a galvanized steel sheet under it all.

I will try to attach an image from the factory brochure...sorry that did not work.

Look on page 16 of this link:
https://library.rvusa.com/brochure/2...rMasterWeb.pdf

Your Sun Voyager may of course have a different construction...

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 07:06 AM   #3
Old Fat Guy

Thanks for the information Chuck. I hope the Sun Voyager used the same construction.
Old Fat Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor construction, soft floor repair, sun voyager