Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #1
steve.k

Default I did it!Orderd Acs Superride!

Well after this last trip and some of the rough roads we went over I orderd the Ace(nowACS) Kit.It just seemed rougher than usual and the Mrs said go ahead and get it.Talked with Dave and he will have it ready to ship North in a week.Cant wait to see difference.
steve.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:18 PM   #2
dsomonster

Default Re: I did it!Orderd Acs Superride!

Steve,
The AIR RIDE kit from ACE changed a whole lotta things. I truly want to drive the Nova with my 20' trailer fully loaded behind it. It is now a joy and you don't even know anything is back there.

I will be ordering the King front shocks in a few months...those things are not cheap. According to TexaxTC, that should be the final piece in the suspension puzzle.

Keep us posted and shoot some before and after pics. They all look pretty much the same, but I still like to look at pics!!!

-Ron in SoCal
Old 07-10-2012, 11:02 PM   #3
steve.k

Dsomonster how long have you had air ? I know Texas tc couldn't say enough about it so I'm getting anxious! Even after I put the tuner in I wanted to drive more than camp? Should've been a long hauler maybe?any how will install the ride and then the shocks and see how it goes? Was thinking about trading on renegade at one point but I tough it out and see how airside works. Steve
Old 07-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #4
Texas TC

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.k
Dsomonster how long have you had air ? I know Texas tc couldn't say enough about it so I'm getting anxious! Even after I put the tuner in I wanted to drive more than camp? Should've been a long hauler maybe?any how will install the ride and then the shocks and see how it goes? Was thinking about trading on renegade at one point but I tough it out and see how airside works. Steve

That is how I was with the SuperNova, especially after adding air/shock upgrades. Driving was more fun than camping. My typical days were 12-14 hours. It is the complete opposite with my A Class. Driving the bus is ok, but the added aminities and comfort in my new coach make camping more fun than driving. Funny how things change.

TxTC

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:00 AM   #5
dsomonster

Steve,
I've had the air system a little over a year now. I've logged @ 5500 miles on the system so far and enjoyed every mile. DW and the kids noticed the ride is much nicer mid-cab to rear and I definitely feel it in the cab. The front shocks should calm that down even more.

I love my rig. I was sad to hear TexasTC traded his in along with some other good members on this forum. I toughed it out just like you and now I would never think about trading it in. The family loves the rig and so do the other families in our camping group. The only thing I would want other than King Front shocks is a alot more torque. Going up some of the gradesin SoCal is a challenge but nothing other big rigs do not encounter. I have been researching the TS controller as well as the new DiabloSport controller. I will probably install that when I get the King shocks.

I wll keep you posted.

-Ron in SoCal
Old 07-12-2012, 10:53 AM   #6
steve.k

Thanks guys,I'll keep you posted!I dont know what it is about driving but I did drive transport for awhile helping buddies out and I can tell you I could drive those things 10-12 hrs straight and never lost the excitement?Was even going buy a rig and go hauling(glad I didnt).Texas you dont find the a class a pleasure to drive?The only thing I see is the swaying of the bus rides that maybe a scary?
Old 07-12-2012, 07:07 PM   #7
Texas TC

I drove 10 1/2 hours today from home to Santa Fe NM. It was a great drive. I averaged 67 mph with a max of 78 according to the GPS. You just fload down the road. Wife goes back and takes a nap. Fun, just not like driving a truck. I do appreciate the Cummins power. I can pull hills at the same speed as flat highways.

You guys are going to really appreciate those front shocks when you get around to installing after adding air. They just leveled out the ride on my coach.

I hope all of you continue to enjoy your SuperNova's. I would have kept mine if I had more confidence in the motor. I put around 48000 miles on it during the four years I owned it.

TxTC

Old 07-16-2012, 10:55 PM   #8
steve.k

Well I talked again to ACS and they are shipping today and I should see the system by end of week?I also sent email to Roadking to see about shipping the shocks.Cant wait to get rig going after all is installed. I also will give ACS new phone no. as they sold off the trailer company and just work on suspensions. This is it for anyone else interested. 1 559 441-1460 I will keep you guys posted and thanks to Texas,Dsomonster, and the others who put me onto this system. Dsomonster im really happy with TS contoller it really upped the power and I havent cranked it full yet?It takes a good mountain grade to get it below 50mph,and big rigs are a blur on hills?Even the Hound doesnt have much chance! Steve
Old 07-18-2012, 04:49 PM   #9
dsomonster

Steve, I am anxious for you! It brings back the same feelings when I was waiting for mine to come in.

I want that TS controller!!! I want the King Shocks!!!

I am actually camping this weekend at Vail Lake, Temecula, CA. It is my daughter's 12th b-day and we are doing the RV resort for her. It is much easier than going Boondocking...but not as fun!

Keep us posted!
Old 07-19-2012, 07:54 PM   #10
Texas TC

You know guys, I went with Road King shocks. However, there may be some Beilstien's or Koni shocks that would work equally well and less expensive.. Just a thought.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:40 PM   #11
Gemini John

I did spring upgrades and rear shocks early on, then monroe front shocks that helped. But then I did the Ace 810 and loved it. But after a year of towing with 7000 lbs and load it started to lean left. Phil, from Ace just set me up with the dual valve setup for the rear bags and we install it next wekend. I'm sure it will help stability. The ride is GREAT currently, just leans around too much on the windy hills/roads of PA. Just the way the land boats are. We love ours more every trip. It's worth the effort. At least to me HJ
Old 07-21-2012, 07:44 PM   #12
steve.k

I talked to Dave and he is sending the leveling valve.He must have had a few guys call back so he suggested it off the get go.I m getting impatient!Anyhow also looked at the Renegade today,nice fit and finish for sure.also has the8.3 cummins 33ohp.looks impressive if I have windfall I'll be getting one!230ooo bucks! I did order the road kings they are on the way!
Old 07-24-2012, 10:42 AM   #13
dsomonster

When I ordered my setup, I let Dave and Phil know to add the two valve setup to the package. Dave had to go get the 2nd valve that same day so they could ship the package. I did not want to chance it. For an extra 50 bucks or whatever it was, I figured just get it done right the first time.

We just got back from a short trip to Vail Lake in SoCal and all the while I was driving, I was thinking about this thread. I am so glad I did the ACE unit. I can't wait until I get the front shocks and engine controller.

Steve, where are you with the install? Love to get an update!

-Ron
Old 07-24-2012, 01:42 PM   #14
steve.k

I havent received the parts yet but they have all been sent out last week. I hope to see them before weekend and get started early next week. I'll take pics and keep you posted on progress.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:40 AM   #15
ScottJ6331

Wheres the best place to order these items? Roadking Shocks and ACS dual valve setup?

Scott
ScottJ6331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #16
Texas TC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ6331
Wheres the best place to order these items? Roadking Shocks and ACS dual valve setup?

Scott
I ordered my RoadKing shocks from the manufacturer, http://www.roadkingshocks.com, 619-766-9207. My Superride air suspension parts came from Southwest International but I would suspect you would it would be better to order directly from ACS at 559-441-1460.

TxTC

Old 07-31-2012, 08:05 PM   #17
steve.k

I just received all parts in last two days.I'll keep you posted on progress!Mechanic scratching his head abit?But he a woos!
Old 08-02-2012, 06:56 PM   #18
dsomonster

I will receive my King shocks tomorrow. Can't wait.

I also placed the order for my TS Controller. That should be in next Monday or Tuesday.

Steve, keep us posted on the install.

I will do the same regarding the Kings in front and the TS under the hood!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #19
Gemini John

Dual valve setup is in and working great. On the road towing tomorrow. Will report results next week. Took some work to get there, but much less lean on corners on the way home first ride. Now the test. HJ
Old 08-10-2012, 10:13 AM   #20
dsomonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini John
Dual valve setup is in and working great. On the road towing tomorrow. Will report results next week. Took some work to get there, but much less lean on corners on the way home first ride. Now the test. HJ
Gemini John,
Good Deal! I know you will love it as most of us who installed the system have.

I can't wait to get my rig back to test out the front shocks and the TS module. I tow a 20' toyhauler behind me so the extra power and front shocks will be welcomed!

This riding season is going to be fun!!!

Keep us posted.

-Ron in SoCal