Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-21-2016, 08:07 AM   #1
TheUnitasker

Default Problem in the Rain

We have a new 2016 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite 188RB. We have had it out twice so far in the rain, once while camping and once while driving. Both times, the top of the pantry left of the stove got flooded by rain coming in through the side mounted air conditioner. After the first time, we took it back to the dealer and they applied caulking all around between the exterior A/C plastic frame and the aluminum trailer body. Thought the problem was fixed. Not so. Next day we were towing it in the rain and the same flooding happened. I have come up empty looking online for a cover (for when driving) and an awning (for when parked with A/C on) to prevent rain from coming in through the A/C.

Does anyone have any suggested solutions (other than not taking it out in the rain)?
TheUnitasker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 08:11 AM   #2
atreis

Default Re: Problem in the Rain

When I first got mine, the AC drained into the wall rather than outside. I took out the AC unit and re-worked the aluminum tray (just a folded piece of aluminum sheet metal) it was sitting in so that it went over the edge of the siding and would drain to the outside. I also cut down one side of the sheeting (the side with the AC intake vents) to help the AC unit work better. We get no water in the trailer now, and the AC works VERY well. (Kept the trailer cool in FL in temps over 100 degrees.)