Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-29-2016, 07:38 AM   #1
SEJ67

Default Amreilite 279BH

Has anyone purchased an Gulfstream Amreilite 279BH.
Would like to know if anyone has had any problems.
SEJ67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:52 PM   #2
gunrock1

Default Re: Amreilite 279BH

Thinking I might soon be an Amerilite 279BH owner--thought I would follow up on this thread to see if you pulled the trigger and how it's been for you? I'm normally a Forest River/Rockwood person; I've always had good luck with getting technical information from them and always seem to hear good things about their warranty service, BUT the Amerilite has a nice floorplan and Amerilite construction as a lower end model doesn't seem much different than the other brands and a good asking price. I have not heard much good with Gulfstream customer service, but I am chalking that up to you only usually hear about negative experiences and they appear to be a much smaller niche company, so it doesn't get talked about as much as Forest River...at least I am hoping, that's my biggest hold back right now.

Thanks,
gunrock
gunrock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 07:40 AM   #3
HopFamily

So, Gunrock1, did you purchase the 279BH??

We just picked ours up about three days ago and so far I haven't found anything I don't like about it.

However, it is the first one we have ever owned.
HopFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 09:46 PM   #4
exjay

HopFamily- Not the exact model I bought but some things I did/found before our first trip..

http://www.gsowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5638
Old 08-01-2017, 11:46 PM   #5
gunrock1

Hah wow people do exist on these forums, I ended up going with the 2017 268bh instead for the larger bathroom and slightly less weight. I do like it, but have had some minor issues; maybe one or two being big. Are you on Facebook? I posted a few of those issues there. Join RV Tips and search Hoppman for my posts. Also, here is a quick tip--make sure you don't have a slow leak on the fresh water drain valve. I noticed mine has been seeping and the floor is soft! I also had the bracket that holds the gray tank--it was slightly bent and some screws were broken. So far I like it, but go over EVERYTHING, twice maybe--every screw, bolt and caulk joint--just found a couple of lights that were missing caulk on one side, too.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:49 PM   #6
gunrock1

Oops quick replied to the wrong response, but anyway yeah good advice in the other post listed here. I might just post some of my issues here anyway, get this forum active and confirm from other Amerilite users some of my concerns.