Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-05-2017, 11:17 PM   #1
gihuff

Default Fantastic Fan anyone?

Has anyone replaced the vent in their 19 ERD with a fantastic fan?
gihuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:41 PM   #2
McKannick

Not in that particular unit, but our Ameri-lite 21mble. We replaced the bath 'fan' and added one to the vent above the bed, which was fortunately pre-wired for a fan. Worst part of install was getting the sealant putty off of the original equipment vents.
McKannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:58 PM   #3
atreis

x2. Once the putty is off, it's very straight forward if 12V is already there. Getting the putty off without tearing the roof membrane can be quite a challenge though.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:36 PM   #4
gihuff

That's the issue.... IF........ there is 12V source there. That's what I am wondering if anyone been into the vent. Vista cruiser does not have rubber membrane has fiberglass roof
Old 10-09-2017, 08:20 PM   #5
McKannick

Haven't been able to find pictures of your unit's vent(s), so I'm wondering if the vent is in the shower area or out in the main area? I can't imagine a unit with a vent in the restroom that's not equipped with a fan, at least even one of those ridiculous 4" jokes they put in nowadays. You'll be able (most likely) to see if a vent is prewired by just taking off the inside trim around the vent opening, which is just there with 4 screws inside the trailer. Should be able to directly see the wires or pull them out with a stiff wire hook with a little exploring. If you snag some wires with the hook, pull gently. If they move freely and come out easily, that's your wires. If not freely movable, DON'T yank on 'em, they have a purpose somewhere else! Does your vent look like this one, which was in a 19 ERD listed on the internet?
Old 10-09-2017, 10:52 PM   #6
gihuff

That's the bathroom fan yes but I want to put a fantastic fan in the vent over the bed.
It has a 12V light about foot north of it so if not wired maybe I can get the source from the light somehow. I'll pull the trim and take a look.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:44 PM   #7
McKannick

If you have a light that close you should be able to let down the light fixture and fish some new wire to that (if there's no framework in the way) to run the new fan, if there's not some spare wire there already. If they offered extra fans as a dealer / manufacturer option, I'll bet its pre-wired and ready to go.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:52 AM   #8
gihuff

Ok, I pulled the inside trim off and the wires are there! The wiring harness for the trailer runs right up the middle of the ceiling...around the side of the vent opening and continues up the middle
Old 01-14-2018, 03:14 PM   #9
jol

I added the same brand fan as comes with the GS products over the bed on 19RBS did not have to remove outside as the vent was there. Fished wire from light about 12 inches away it works great. Did get reversible fan so we can blow air into unit.
jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:29 PM   #10
jayme

Fantastic fan a very worthwhile addition. I have installed two fans, one the bedroom, and one in the main room. I also installed a vortex fan unit in the washroom, again, in my opinion, a good addition. I have just installed a “wave propane heater” and have purchased a portable fantastic fan to distribute the air in our BT cruiser. Time will tell if this too was a worthwhile purchase.
jayme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 02:12 PM   #11
NellyBly2.0

This is an older post but if still interested, I had the dealer install fans and fan covers in both of the dinette and bunk vents of my 19BFD. works great
NellyBly2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 08:29 AM   #12
Restorium

Installed the fantastic fans in my Sunsport.

Tip; They are all reversible. You can install a reversible switch.
Restorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 02:41 PM   #13
briansully

Default which wires do I use?

I am installing a fantastic fan in my 19RBS Vista Cruiser. I am installing it over the bed. Pulled down the trim and see two romex cables and two single wires one white and one green. I inclined to believe that the white and green are the DC power for the light that I want to tap into. Can someone confirm this belief?
briansully is offline   Reply With Quote